I don't see St Patrick day hats in the closet

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

I don't see St Patrick day hats in the closet

Postby hhhenry » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:52 pm

Just because the big parades have been cancelled. I have to make due with a green hard hat. There is one in URU online but there's no people there.
hhhenry

Re: I don't see St Patrick day hats in the closet

Postby diafero » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:00 pm

Hm, I am not sure of that MO:UL hat ever got converted to Uru:CC/TPOTS. I checked my offline game, and it is not available there, either.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:13 am

diafero wrote:Hm, I am not sure of that MO:UL hat ever got converted to Uru:CC/TPOTS. I checked my offline game, and it is not available there, either.

This same post was made in three different forums, diafero. Unfortunately, this user has a history of making vague posts about the same thing to multiple forums. Therefore, I tend to ignore it.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby hhhenry » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:49 pm

I guess I'm not welcome here
Bye
hhhenry

Postby Emor D'ni Lap » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:09 pm

HHHenry, I think Hoikas was having a hard time understanding what you wanted, or what your complaints were about:

- Were you unhappy that you didn't see the St. Patrick's hat in the Deep Island server's closet?
- Was there a St. Patrick's parade scheduled in Deep Island? Was it cancelled?
- Is there something that the people running the Deep Island server can do about URU online, or about the lack of people there?

Maybe you could make it clearer what you would like others to do, then they could better assist you?
Emor D'ni Lap

Postby hhhenry » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:36 pm

Thanks! If someone else had said it, I could just sluff it off. But Tsar Hoikas is a major figure. The reason I'm on 3 testing shards is to test and give back to the community. I don't want to be noise instead of signal. I don't want to be like the boss on the show "The Office". I've been in URU for decades.
hhhenry

Postby Emor D'ni Lap » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:26 pm

HHHenry, a couple points:

- If you're referring to Deep Island and Gehn as two of the "testing shards" in which you give back to the community, neither of these is considered to be a "testing shard". The only publicly-available testing shard at the moment, as far as I know, is the OU Minkata shard.

- Seasonal additions, like the Baron's Christmas tree, New Years' banners in the 'hoods, St. Patrick's hats and so on are not an automated feature in the game. They must be manually activated and deactivated by the shard owner. With volunteer-owned-and-operated shards like Deep Island and Gehn, such additions are nice when they happen, but not considered essential. So unless these features are really necessary for some in-game function, you probably don't need to make someone go to the extra effort to put them in and later remove them.
Emor D'ni Lap

Postby Deledrius » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:21 pm

Emor D'ni Lap wrote: So unless these features are really necessary for some in-game function, you probably don't need to make someone go to the extra effort to put them in and later remove them.

On that note, if you're planning an event and would like something done like this, feel free to ask and we'll probably be able to accommodate you, as long as we have time and enough advance notice. This year, for various reasons, the holiday was not a priority.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby diafero » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:44 am

Seasonal additions, like the Baron's Christmas tree, New Years' banners in the 'hoods, St. Patrick's hats and so on are not an automated feature in the game. They must be manually activated and deactivated by the shard owner.

Actually in Deep Island I automated that many years ago. The Christmas tree, the sparklies, maybe more stuff I forgot about is all turned on and off automatically. ;)

But the hat in question just doesn't exist in this version of the game, I believe. So, someone would have to port it first.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Emor D'ni Lap » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:56 pm

diafero wrote:Actually in Deep Island I automated that many years ago. The Christmas tree, the sparklies, maybe more stuff I forgot about is all turned on and off automatically. ;)
You are a rare and exceptional beast among shard owners, diafero!
I stand corrected.
Emor D'ni Lap

Next

Return to Deep Island