I don't see St Patrick day hats in the closet

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: I don't see St Patrick day hats in the closet

Postby Deledrius » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:23 pm

diafero wrote:Actually in Deep Island I automated that many years ago. The Christmas tree, the sparklies, maybe more stuff I forgot about is all turned on and off automatically. ;)

The sparklies do that on Gehn, but I don't think any of the holiday items do. How did you select date ranges? Is it something external to the server, or did you modify the game scripts?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Chacal » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:01 pm

Knowing Diafero, I vote B ...
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby diafero » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:39 pm

Chacal knows me too well. ;)

The code for the sparklies is here. The code for automatic summer/winter switch in Eder Delin is here. And if you grep the source you'll find more, I honestly don't know the full list of things I automated like that.^^ Did you notice that there are Bahro flying in Ae'gura at random intervals? (Well that is assuming I didn't disable that again, who knows.)

I'm (among other things) a sysadmin, so after doing something twice manually my immediate next thought is to automate it away. :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Deep Island