I think I made some cones mad!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

I think I made some cones mad!

Postby Ehren » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:26 am

For a while now we've been used to the cones in MOUL's Kirel (i.e. Guild Neighborhood) always falling through the ground when touched, right?

Turns out the cones' default position is just a little bit too low. I finally figured out a way to save them by going near them, using "/jump -3", then while sunken into the floor, run jumping at each cone to give it just enough height to land properly on the ground.

So, after all these years, all the cones in Deep Island's Guild Neighborhood have been "rescued" by me, I even put them in a nice little row... but apparently they might be stuck that way now. After leaving and linking back I can no longer interact with any of the kickable objects, I just walk right through them, both the cones and marbles. Who could've seen THAT one coming?

If anyone feels like it, try linking to "Guild Neighborhood" via the Nexus and try moving the cones and marbles. I'm curious if anyone will be able to.
Ehren

Re: I think I made some cones mad!

Postby Sirius » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:57 am

Hmm, I can see the line of cones :lol: But I'm ghosting through them too.
I know the game disables collisions for objects that fall below the world, and can somehow mess up with saving object position when online. Go figure what exactly happens...
But then, Uru has always had quicks, especially when it comes to collisions. Cones should never fall through the ground in the first place, most physics engines would just push them away from the collider they started going through in the first place. But not Uru, or at least not this version of Uru :roll:
Sirius

Postby diafero » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:15 am

Ah, good ol' Uru kickables and their funky online behavior. ;)

I could get into the guts of the server and delete the age state for Kirel, if you want?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Ehren » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:45 pm

diafero wrote:Ah, good ol' Uru kickables and their funky online behavior. ;)

I could get into the guts of the server and delete the age state for Kirel, if you want?

Yeah, reset Kirel if you get the chance.
Ehren

Postby diafero » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:14 am

Done that.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island