Tiam - a new age

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Tiam - a new age

Postby ametist » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:36 am

My new age Tiam got a really good stress test the first day :lol: . Korovev took his explorer company(including myself) there. Thanks everyone for trying it out! It was great fun to show it off and people was nice and said they liked it :)

I had found a bug earlier that day, as soon diafero - thank you! - put it on, I tested and found out I had missed to put the journal texts into the files I sent to diafero. Sorry for that!
Another bug was found, probably with colliders, I didn't spot it myself so I have to investigate, will try to fix that too asap!

Also I have to admit I could not get the python files to work so there is no sdl nor code puzzles. Sorry for that. There are things to do in a certain order, to get things to happen though.
I started to build this age with no prior knowledge of Korman, I read the wiki and got a lot of help here so I got the node trees to work. So all animations and clickables work as expected. Much easier to work with than the old alscript(which I never understood properly).
But my intention is to fix that and also expand the age further!

In the meantime, I hope Tiam is enjoyable as is!
ametist

Re: Tiam - a new age

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:39 am

Really a lovely small age, with different caves that amazed me with there nice details.
I love especially the water cave with the light animations.
The music seemed to be familiar. :)
Later we know the music was from another age that was made also from Ametist.
Dulcamara

Postby ametist » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:39 am

Thanks Dulcamara, I am glad you like Tiam! (I should have replied earlier, it would have been the right thing to do, so sorry for that!)

An update of Tiam is now available on Deep Island, and soon on UAM. I have fixed some issues, but also rebuilt it some, to getting it to work better
for multiplayer. It is still no SDL in there so no save state, but the puzzles are the same and work as is. I am going to rebuild it with korman 0.10 now so I
can use the global python files for the doors and puzzles.
Some things in the age behaved differently when I tested it with korman 0.10 so it will take me some time to change and fix without to many visible changes of the age itself.
Therefor I decided to let this update go now.

The unsafe area is now safe and open for visits, the backstory is presented in two journals now. Enjoy! :)
ametist

Postby Théodore » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:37 pm

Hi,

I must have gone through your entire age yesterday. I think I've found everything. Just to make sure, if I come to a room with green crystals here and there, a classroom of some sort, is that the furthest I can go? I found the underwater pond, that said room, obviously the entrance area, and the room on 2 floors.

Thanks for this new age, I had never explored it that much before. I went there because I saw an update on UAM, that was the trigger. Tiki Bear is revamping some old ages, so there are some novelties! I think you were involved in Kinnekulle? He has put some picnic tables and a nice sea background! :lol: It is called Kinnekulle Picnic.

I would love a revamping of your Moysenland age. It is my favorite from you. Not a big improvement, just adding sounds would be quite nice.
Théodore

Postby ametist » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:22 am

Theodore, this update of Tiam did not include any new areas so you have seen it all :) . What is new is save states, so once you have solved the puzzle so you can open the door to the waterwheel, it is saved for you. The entrance puzzle is partly saved ;). But who knows, I maybe discover new areas in there that I can restore so they will be safe for visitors...

SereneTiki has done a great job with the restoration of another quarry on Kinnekulle, situated lower down on the mountain, right at the edge of lake Vänern :D Yes, I built the original Kinnekulle, part of the Geologica serie. It is in fact soon ready for an update too, I have 'kormanized' it, thanks to Hoikas and Diafero, which respectively created a puzzle script and put it onto the DI for everyone to use. I am restoring the ages in the Geologica serie, a couple of them need a lot of maintenance :lol:.

I am glad to hear you like Moysenland, I have plans to restore that one too. It will take some time though, because of the subworld in there, the boat. For the time being, it is not possible to do subworlds with korman for Pots.
ametist

Return to Deep Island