Spore Bucket Drop Issue

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Spore Bucket Drop Issue

Postby cennie » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:12 pm

Hello,

My Friend Barefoot and I are experiencing the same problem: Once we hop into the bucket and take off into the room where we are dropped, the game freezes at that point. We do not see ourselves drop out of the bucket and move around. I did have Barefoot try it with me in a seperate bucket and he seen me drop out, but i could not see myself or i could not see him. He was locked up also experiencing the same as me.

2020.09.12-10.55.png
2020.09.12-10.55.png (517.78 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
This is where it stops and nothing else happens that I can see. Only thing i can do is head back to relto. Teledahn is a loss if we cannot get past this.

Thank you,
Cennie & Barefoot
Cennie
cennie

Re: Spore Bucket Drop Issue

Postby Chuckles58 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:27 pm

I heard only one person at a time can ride the buckets at a time
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby cennie » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Chuckles58 wrote:I heard only one person at a time can ride the buckets at a time

We do know that and that was not what i was saying. He was in one bucket and i was in another. He experienced the same issue as i had on his on Teledahn.
Cennie
cennie

Postby Théodore » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:39 pm

Don't take my words as gospel truth here, I might be wrong or I might be just right on target; I remember something to the effect that the alcugs client, the one running Deep Island Shard is somewhat of old coding. Patching this code to solve the issue with Teledahn would break something else somewhere. I never completed the age of Teledahn the proper way on Deep Island in this incarnation or past incarnations when the shard was created (around mid July-beginning of August 2010).

The only way to finish Teledahn almost as planned is to use the command /spawn which will eventually bring your avatar in the room with the controls and 2 telescopes (where usually the bucket drops you off). Apart from that issue, I never encountered other issue elsewhere in the ages made by Cyan (URU:CC and MOULa added ages), at least that I can recall.

Teledahn is a loss if we cannot get past this.

I do agree if you try the right way, but try the /spawn method, it will work. It is a workaround. ;)
Théodore

Postby diafero » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:09 am

Yeah, Teledahn has always been causing problems. :/ The engine used by Deep Island is not exactly meant to be sued for multiplayer, TPOTS was a single-player game after all so Cyan didn't test all the mutliplayer stuff and some of it broke. When the age is not reset for a while, the sun also tends to get out-of-sync. However, for me usually things work when I am alone in the age... which of course is not the point.

If resetting the age (by pressing that button below the book in the Relto shelf) doesn't work, then I am afraid /spawn is probably your best bet.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island