Updating the lower shelf in Relto

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Updating the lower shelf in Relto

Postby Korovev » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:27 am

diafero wrote:Thanks, I'll add them to the ages on the Shard. :) (Not sure if this warrants a UAM re-release...)

Btw, Argosy does not seem to have an image either, so if you feel like it... ;)

Sure, here it is :)
Show Spoiler

diafero wrote:Oh wow! So far I usually was of the opinion that age writers should pick the covers for their books, so I am not sure how I feel about just putting one in for them.

I was playing with the convert Bash command, so it only took a few seconds :)
Show Spoiler

But yeah, the intended use is as an addon for offline Uru, so one can tell Ages apart on a custom shelf. I’ll post a link to a zip archive in another post.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby diafero » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:06 am

I installed the new Shelf on the Shard. :)

I did some small changes to the "puzzle book" texts, to make it more clear how the title and subtitles are to be interpreted. Please let me know what you think.

Also I was a bit surprised to see Tiam listed as a "big" age, when even the description says that the age is "small". ;) But maybe the age is bigger than it presents itself as?

And finally, Yinfara seems to not have a linking panel, which does not look great in the shelf. Korovev, if you could make one for that as well, that would be great. :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:33 pm

Ah, what is of course also missing are the covers for the puzzle books. :) Korovev, did you post those already? I could only find book I so far.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Korovev » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:27 am

Here's one for Yinfara, I haven't got around making panels for the latest ones yet :)
Korovev

Postby diafero » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:54 am

Thanks. :) I added this to the Shard.

Please let me know what you think of the last changes I made to the shelf (see above). A new release of the Offline KI needs to happen to support Tiam, and since the Shelf is part of that, would be good to get that settled for the release. :D

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Korovev » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:58 pm

I misread your other post, here are the covers: Book1, Book2, Book3, Book4 just in case. I did forgot to upload them :lol:

Maybe we could drop the “big” and just have “Ages with a lot of hidden extras” :D
Tiam is not big, but it does have hidden extras, and it’s one of the firsts made with Korman (not from Doobes), so I thought it was nice to showcase it somewhere. But I think Ametist is planning more updates, so it could also be on the autofill section for a while.

At some point (maybe after it drops out of the autofill section) Alabaster Depth should be added to the Puzzles 1 book, but I’m not sure if after Alabaster or after Alabaster3.
Korovev

Postby diafero » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:15 am

Thanks for the covers, I will add them shortly. :)

Maybe we could drop the “big” and just have “Ages with a lot of hidden extras”

That sounds like a good idea actually, I will do that.

Tiam is not big, but it does have hidden extras, and it’s one of the firsts made with Korman (not from Doobes), so I thought it was nice to showcase it somewhere. But I think Ametist is planning more updates, so it could also be on the autofill section for a while.

Fair, no objection to keeping it.

At some point (maybe after it drops out of the autofill section) Alabaster Depth should be added to the Puzzles 1 book, but I’m not sure if after Alabaster or after Alabaster3.

We should ask Dulcamara. :) But she has some fixes/updates planned anyway.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Korovev » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:30 pm

I just realised that Tsoidahl Prad is in the Nexus now (it used to be the prize for the Zefora puzzle), so I'd suggest swapping Zefora for Tsoidahl, which has links to Zefora and Shinelight Manor:

Show Spoiler
Korovev

Postby diafero » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:55 am

Sounds good, I did that. Now I'll make a new Offline KI release. :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Deep Island