Alabaster's Depths

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Alabaster's Depths

Postby hapiduhapidu » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:32 am

Dear Dulcamara,

I very much enjoyed playing Alabaster's Depths part 1 and would love to play parts 2 and 3 as well. However, I cannot find them available anywhere for offline use. I can't find them on Drizzle, and I also can't find any of the download links that apparently were in this thread previously. Could you give me any pointers how to play parts 2 and 3 offline, if this i currently possible?

Best regards and thanks for great ages!
Hapi
hapiduhapidu

Postby Théodore » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:39 pm

It seems Dulcamara didn't answer you back. Ok here are the 2 methods:

1) You solve Alabaster's Depths and you reach the final area, you will find a link to Alabaster's Depths 2, then repeat same process in Alabaster's Depths 2 to find a link to Alabaster's Depths 3. [Applicable online and offline]

2) you type in /link Alabastersdepths2 or /link Alabastersdepths3 anywhere during your gameplay. [applicable offline only]

The first method is the intended one as you should do the whole journey through Alabaster's Depths in one visit (theoretically at least). Due to the high probability of crashing here and there or having any issue, it is more realistic to divided the journey in 3 distinct parts.
Théodore

Postby hapiduhapidu » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:22 am

Dear Théodore,

thanks a lot for trying to help me out. My problem is a different one, actually. Despite finishing AlabasterDepths, I cannot play AlabasterDepths2 and 3 in my offline installation because I do not find a way to install these ages. I don't have the files, so it doesn't matter if I try to link to these ages via the KI or a book, they just aren't there :-)

I install ages via Drizzle, but it doesn't offer AlabasterDephts2 and 3 in its list of ages, only AlabasterDepths. Earlier in this thread, some download links were mentioned, but they seem to have been removed from the conversation. So any suggestion how I could install these ages for offline use would be greatly appreciated.

Playing these ages online is something I could theoretically try again, but Alabaster and Depths are crashing for me whenever I press a button or take some other actions, so I'm not overly optimistic here. Offline they just work well for me, that's why I switched from playing these online to offline.

Best,
Hapi
hapiduhapidu

Postby Théodore » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:31 am

Hi hapiduhapidu,

I know playing Alabaster's Depths online on Deep Island is highly impossible for anyone. Diafero made sure to separate the ages of Alabaster's Depths inside the green cover book marked with 1 in D'ni just beside the gap on the lower book shelf. You will have to turn the pages until you come across Alabaster's Depths 2 and Alabaster's Depths 3. I know it might not be the ultimate immersive solution as I rather play all ages offline going from one to another more organically but like I hinted already in my previous message it is not even guaranteed I won't crash somewhere down the line and the game itself is really old and a lot of hacks have been added (Drizzle) to make it workable.

It might be worth trying to play Alabaster's Depths 2 & 3 as "standalone" using the above-described links in Deep Island for the time being. I think they are less bugged than Alabaster's Depths.
Théodore

Postby hapiduhapidu » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:29 am

Hi Théodore,

thanks again - yeah, it seems to me that trying these ages online is the only sensible approach right now given that they are not available via Drizzle/UAM. On my first attempt with Alabaster's Depths 2, everything was working well without any crashes, seems to be more stable than Alabaster's Depths 1 indeed. Only thing I don't like so much is that I will have to reset the age to not miss out on any puzzles... when I first entered it, I discovered only later that apparently some initial puzzles were already solved, giving me access to places I shouldn't have had. Even checking that nobody else is there, somehow I can never be sure no one else is playing the age, maybe at a different time of day - would feel bad to reset anyone else's progress :)

Best,
Hapi
hapiduhapidu

Postby Dulcamara » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:19 am

Hello Hapi,

I'm sorry I'm just getting in touch now.
After a PC crash at the beginning of the year, I had problems putting all the data back together. In addition, due to Corona, I am very busy in my job and have very little time to take care of my ages.
Unfortunately I've only managed to "repair" AlabastersDepths 1 and 2 so far.
AlabastersDepths3 starts immediately with a Stuck Error at the beginning and so far I could not find the error.
Here is a link to retrieve the data from AlabastersDepths1 and 2.
I removed some animations in AlaD1. If you also want to keep the old version, you must first save dat, Python, SDL from your offline version.

Unfortunately, due to lack of time, I wasn't able to play through everything. I hope everything works as expected.
If you have any questions, you can get in touch.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/okcjdgg0 ... 2.zip/file
Dulcamara

Postby Théodore » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:17 pm

Dulcamara wrote:After a PC crash at the beginning of the year, I had problems putting all the data back together. In addition, due to Corona, I am very busy in my job and have very little time to take care of my ages.
Unfortunately I've only managed to "repair" AlabastersDepths 1 and 2 so far.
AlabastersDepths3 starts immediately with a Stuck Error at the beginning and so far I could not find the error.

Do you want the rar archive of Alabaster's Depths3 (v3)? I keep all the archives you are sharing with me. If you start with that version, maybe you won't have a stuck error. Let me know if you want the file, so I can share it back to you Dulcamara. :)
Théodore

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:31 am

That's super nice of you.Théodore
I think I have this file on my PC too. The problem is that I need the corresponding blend file.
In the file I sent you at the time there was already an error on the lattice door at the beginning of the age. This is the Age currently installed on DeepIsland. Some players have no problem entering the Age. Some have a stuck error right at the beginning. (I think by the actor on the gate)
At first I immediately had a stuck error, which prompted me to offer an update to Diafero. Later (without update) I tried again and I was able to play without problems. Now I can't get in anymore.
Minasunda can play the Age without any problems, she has Windwos 11.
Unfortunately, at the moment I can't enter in the Age itself offline, which of course was never the case before, otherwise I wouldn't have sent the Age Diafero.
I'm now trying to transfer everything step by step and hope that I'll be able to enter the age again at some point. Only then can I send it to Diafero.

But what you can do would be to send the data to Hapi so that he can at least play the third age. That would be very nice of you.

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Postby Théodore » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:12 am

Hi Dulcamara,

Yeah no problem! I will message Hapi in private with the link I got from Mediafire.

Oh and good luck with Alabaster's Depths 3 :)

Greetings
Théodore
Théodore

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:14 am

Thank you so much

Fingers crossed :oops: :-)
Dulcamara

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island