Fan Age expedition: Adrael [spoilers]

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Fan Age expedition: Adrael [spoilers]

Postby Korovev » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Adrael Show Spoiler

On the 44th expedition of the Fan Ages Touring Club we visited Adrael by the Adrael Team, which at some point included: Clat, Boblishman, D’Lanor, Emor D’ni Lap, Lyllus, Kira, DatokerJ, Szark, SeryousYew, Simone, Sophia, Ehren, Ametist, Murray. See Minasunda’s video!

Last time we left with news that a DRA member, Irena Stromberg, had gone missing after a vision of a ‘ghost’ with glowing eyes. We then linked to the main area of Adrael.
The location is a control centre for water to the city of Dormah, as an inscription is meant to convey (currently it reads “åh lo rgm kh’dhormåh padhhs”; a proper D’ni phrasing could be “ahno b’pahts dormah”). There is only power for some of the structures.
The room with the desk and the painting is the former guardian’s office; the guardian was also an amateur painter, as the painting is his.
The main area with the scaffolding has a mysterious portal, which is the puzzle’s objective to open. Behind it, a large cave and … the conclusion of Irena’s story. At least for now ;)

A full walkthrough in the style of the Universal Hint System is available at the project’s website; Minasunda also made a walkthrough video. One puzzle, a control panel with hexagonal and pentagonal buttons, has no clues available to it, so don’t feel guilty to look at the solution ;)
Show Spoiler

When the mystery is solved, the apparently dead tree is given new life, but not immediately: it takes about four days to see it revived … right in time for Christmas, if no one will reset the age until then!

In the final area there is a floating book with the credits, and a song from Lyllus. As I wrote last time, I think Adrael is one of the most interesting projects in the Uru community.

A recording of the Twitch stream is available.

-----

Next time (December 27 at 11:00 KIT) we will visit Lohdehvis by Mike Newman. Until then!

(Previous tour: DRA Office)
Last edited by Korovev on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Re: Fan Age expedition: Adrael [spoilers]

Postby Chacal » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:26 am

Interesting project indeed, and a very professional effort, presenting a back story, providing support and hints.
I don't know how long it took to get an animated character with voice in the Age.
This Age didn't get the recognition it merits. I should explore it again.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Return to Deep Island