Very strange stuff POTS

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Very strange stuff POTS

Postby hhhenry » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:21 pm

This is using my new test avie.
So, there's a shell book on the shelf that links to the watcher's pub.
If I go to Ercana, the harvester is at it's starting position. But if I walk to where the glowing shell symbol will appear, it's already there. If I walk through it, I get transported to the cave, tap the symbol on the wall and the stone ark falls. But when I go to link back to Relto, my book shows a black cloud instead of Relto and taping does nothing.
Two shell cloths are missing. The one at the initial harvester position and the one behind the glowing symbol.
If I go through the Annoy temple, I go through the doors and it first locked up the computer for about 15 seconds. I then go to the end and I'm in sphere 4. If I then go to the journey cloth, that's at the end of sphere 4 and the space in front of the Bahro stone to the lower pellet cave is a hole (I start waving my arms and then link out).
VERY Strange!!
I also notice that the Ercana clothing (backpack and climbing ropes) is already in my closet from the creation of the avie.
hhhenry

Re: Very strange stuff POTS

Postby diafero » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:19 am

Ahnonay is a "shared age", so you do not get a custom instance but instead share your instance with everyone else. Without this it would not be possible to play Ahnonay together. But this will probably make some things act a little weird in Ahnonay.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Very strange stuff POTS

Postby Sirius » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:38 am

hhhenry wrote:If I go to Ercana, the harvester is at it's starting position. But if I walk to where the glowing shell symbol will appear, it's already there. If I walk through it, I get transported to the cave, tap the symbol on the wall and the stone ark falls. But when I go to link back to Relto, my book shows a black cloud instead of Relto and taping does nothing.

IIRC, that symbol is always there because it would have been too annoying to sync it with the journeys like it did in MOUL. This is in part because PotS has less journeys, as you've seen. So it's normal for the glowing symbol to be there.
And the Relto Book is always disabled in the Bahro caves, you're supposed to drop through the floor to link out. (Except in the pellet Bahro cave, of course.)

As for the waving arms issue, I think Uru has a few issues detecting collisions online (due to lag maybe) which results in the avatar sometime playing the falling animation and eventually panic-linking. Hopefully it shouldn't happen too often.
Sirius

Return to Deep Island