CWE Builds

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: CWE Builds

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:31 pm

Did you copy the python directory from build/bin/python into your game client? The old moul-scripts repository is now deprecated, and, with Python 3, care has to be taken for everything to be assembled properly by our build process. That happens in build/bin/python in two stages: 1) when you run prepare_env.ps1 and 2) when you build the client.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Ehren » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:19 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Did you copy the python directory from build/bin/python into your game client? The old moul-scripts repository is now deprecated, and, with Python 3, care has to be taken for everything to be assembled properly by our build process. That happens in build/bin/python in two stages: 1) when you run prepare_env.ps1 and 2) when you build the client.

Thank you, I got everything working now! It would appear I had copied the Python folder from "Plasma-master/Scripts" rather than from the "Plasma-master\build\bin" directory that I had gotten the client files from, whoops.
Ehren

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:51 pm

Great news! We are doing some work to make all of this easier and get those automated builds going. There are lots of moving parts though, so don't sit on your hands waiting on those things ;)
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:11 pm

Some of that work has landed today. If anyone updates to the latest master, you'll probably want to delete your build directory and run prepare_env.ps1. When you build the INSTALL project, everything will now go to build/install.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Wallaby » Thu May 13, 2021 5:33 am

Hello
I hope someone can help me?

I've been working with the CWE builds and the plClient for a while. 
For professional reasons, I was no longer active in MOULa for a while and a lot of changes have probably been made. Like adding new content, etc.
Since then, with the version of the URULive.1.918 - Internal.Release (plClient) I only get to the login... rather, until I can choose the avatars. When I enter the game, the loading process ends after a short time.

Sometimes with this message:

"Error
URU has experienced a serious error and needs to close Please submit your log folder to the developer"

These files hang at the bottom of the loading status:

"Loading age Personal... VeryVerySpecialPythonFileMod"

or even just

"Loading age Personal..."

Nothing works anymore. And I have to quit the program.

Is it possible to add the new content to the client or will there be a new version of the program... someday?

At least I do not think that it is sufficient to copy the updated data from the MOULa directory into the directory of the plClient? :roll:

I would be grateful for any help!
Wallaby

Previous

Return to Plasma Development