Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Postby RubyQ » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:09 pm

Sirius wrote:Instructions are here, let me know if you need more help ;)

Yes, je t'en prie, I am still baffled...

I reviewed all the steps, started by checking that my PC has the most recent version of Java (it did, version 8 update 301).
I am using Drizzle 32 with my offline installation of Deep Island. The URU-CC original ages are good; the fan ages work great, new ones install fine, no issues with the offline KI, relto pages, etc. I should mention that this is a fairly new PC for me, bought used but I wiped it clean with a brand new windows 10 Pro-N install. The DI offline & online installs were done fresh, too, of course, but I brought over the game save files from a backup of my old PC. Could I have done something wrong there, maybe left some files or folders behind that I need for the ages that don't work?

For my MystV conversion/simplicity I used Drizzle 31, as instructed. They have no issues.

So here's my problem: am I supposed to be able to get to Minkata, Jalak, the pod ages, Eders Delin & Tsogal on the OFFLINE install? Because I CAN'T. If I go to the A'egura library or to the museum and click on the books on the pedestal, I get a nice message from URU saying "xLinkMgr: the age with filename <whatever> is not available on your PC or on this Shard." If I try to use the corresponding book on the Relto shelf, the message is more severe: "Some game files are missing or corrupted. Please reinstall URU" and then the game crashes.

It doesn't make sense to me that URU itself would need to be installed to correct the problem, since the ages I want were never part of URU-CC to begin with. So I haven't tried to reinstall.

Where are those files supposed to be? Should they be on the PC at all, or are they strictly for ONline gaming? Is there a MOUL server whose URL I should be putting into the Drizzle UAM tab as the source for just those files? Or is there a link where can I download them and manually place them into the correct folders?

If you tell me what I'm trying to do can't be done, I will stop trying.

But if there's a way... I would really like to wear those pink Minkata boots while walking among the autumn leaves on my Relto... ;)
Anitochka
Deep Island KI 00385901
MOULA KI 09140118
RubyQ

Postby Korovev » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:14 am

To import MOUL-specific ages, the procedure is the same as with Myst V but you use the “Moul folder” field. Getting to some places requires a bit of a detour.

I don’t think the Minkata boots are imported though, only the ages.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Sirius » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:13 am

RubyQ wrote:Where are those files supposed to be? Should they be on the PC at all, or are they strictly for ONline gaming? Is there a MOUL server whose URL I should be putting into the Drizzle UAM tab as the source for just those files? Or is there a link where can I download them and manually place them into the correct folders?

As you said, those Ages were never part of Complete Chronicles/PotS. So we have to use Drizzle to convert those from a MOULa install. Obviously, you will need to install MOULa, if you haven't already done it. Once installed, converting those for CC is is the same process as with Myst V Ages. And yes, it works for both offline CC, and for online Deep Island.
Converting MOULa is very similar to converting Myst V: in Drizzle31, go to "Conversion (Simplicity)", select your PotS/CC folder, select your MOULa folder, click "Start" on the MOULa line, wait a few minutes, click the SoundDecompress button, and once done the links to MOULa Ages should be working.
However, make sure to check the "Log" panel on the bottom left of Drizzle. If you see any errors/warning, then it likely means something went wrong during conversion. IF that happens, go to "Advanced" → "List Analysis" and click "copy from main output", then click "Copy all text to clipboard". Then you can paste the error message here, and I'll tell you what might have gone wrong.

Korovev wrote:I don’t think the Minkata boots are imported though, only the ages.

They are available. But they are completely buggy on male avatars. They work fine for female avatars though.
Sirius

Postby RubyQ » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:41 pm

THANK YOU, Sirius & Korovev!

The answer was so OBVIOUS, and I was being totally blind. I think my problem was that, in reading the instructions, my brain insisted on translating "the ages of Myst Online: Uru Live" as "the URU-CC ages", which I already had, so why would I have needed to convert them? It's embarassing...

NOW I converted the MOUL ages, and I've got everything that was missing. Time to go shopping for those new boots.

Thanks again!
Anitochka
Deep Island KI 00385901
MOULA KI 09140118
RubyQ

Postby rougeaux » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:11 pm

I'm getting some errors trying to convert MOULa ages over for offline use with the Steam version of Uru CC. Specifically, I'm getting this:

Code: Select all
Checking the folders you gave...
Starting conversion of MOUL...
Error: plHKPhysical: Unhandled flag combination.: u14=0x5;u15=0x0;losdb=0x2;group0=0x4;name=cmnrmPodiumButton(plHKPhysical)(86:3)
Error: Unexpected error in GuiThread:
Console: stderr:java.lang.NullPointerException
Console: stderr:   at auto.moul.proccessPrp(moul.java:631)
Console: stderr:   at auto.moul$2.ModifyPrp(moul.java:277)
Console: stderr:   at auto.conversion.convertPrp(conversion.java:199)
Console: stderr:   at auto.conversion.convertFile(conversion.java:119)
Console: stderr:   at auto.conversion.convertFiles(conversion.java:101)
Console: stderr:   at auto.AllGames$GameConversionSub.convert(AllGames.java:358)
Console: stderr:   at auto.AllGames$GameConversionSub.ConvertGame(AllGames.java:268)
Console: stderr:   at gui.ThreadedTasks$14.run(ThreadedTasks.java:111)
Console: stderr:   at shared.GuiThread$InvisibleThread.run(GuiThread.java:106)

The weird part is that it does actually seem to work... sort of. In-game, I end up with a confusing melange of MOULa content that works flawlessly, like the pod ages, Relto Well wedges, and Minkata, and completely broken content, such as the MOULa Cleft, Er'cana, and the doors to the gallery and other city bits. Strangely, Myst V ages convert without any errors at all, and fan ages seem to work fine as well. (As an aside, none of the broken content crashes my game, and instead either doesn't appear at all or pops up a gentle "You're missing the file" dialog.)

I've got the latest Java version (8.321) and what I think is the latest version of Drizzle 32 (21-05-21); I've gotten the same error message with older versions of Drizzle 32, as well as new and old versions of Drizzle 31, which may or may not be significant. Additionally, both my MOULa and Uru CC installs are as up-to-date as they can be.

Hopefully somebody has either seen this error before, or at least knows what might cause an error like that, because I'm utterly befuddled at the moment.
rougeaux

Postby Sirius » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:19 am

No worries, recent updates to MOULa broke the converter again. This is fairly common. I was already working on the fix, I'll see about releasing it as soon as possible.
Sirius

Postby rougeaux » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:30 am

Sirius wrote:No worries, recent updates to MOULa broke the converter again. This is fairly common. I was already working on the fix, I'll see about releasing it as soon as possible.

Nice! I figured it had something to do with MOULa, since Uru CC and Myst V haven't really changed at all since the last Drizzle build was released, while (again) has. At least now I know it's not something more insidious, like a Java runtime bug that will remain unfixed until the heat death of the universe.
rougeaux

Postby Sirius » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:40 am

OK, done. Here it is. Let me know if you encounter more issues.

rougeaux wrote:At least now I know it's not something more insidious, like a Java runtime bug that will remain unfixed until the heat death of the universe.

:lol:
Sirius

Postby rougeaux » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:05 pm

Sirius wrote:OK, done. Here it is. Let me know if you encounter more issues.

Flawless. Relto pages and bookshelf additions, Nexus links, sparklies... everything is as it should be, where it should be. (It even fixed a few issues with Myst V ages that I didn't realize were issues, like the previously-stuck elevator in the Great Shaft!)
rougeaux

Postby Sirius » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:42 am

Glad to hear it ! Enjoy :)
Sirius

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development