Current and up coming GoW PyPrp features

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Current and up coming GoW PyPrp features

Postby Nadnerb » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:28 pm

Is it really worth it to spend the time making PyPRP 2.46 compatible?

Yes, because we wouldn't have to change anything. It might even have fixes to the Python API that would allow us to access more of blender's data in a nicer way.

is making a new "working" release really so time consuming or difficult ???

Yes, it requires figuring out exactly why things aren't working, which is generally a process of trial and error, and randomly noticing code typos.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Jojon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:47 pm

Lontahv wrote:...Vert-groups...

Oh! Can't wait until we can match these to some bones. :9

- prepares for a probable rather lengthy wait. :) -
Jojon

Postby Grogyan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:39 am

Very nice.

In the background I take it that coding has started for animations, but won't be ready or initial release until many other smaller features are implemented?

I remember quite well when Blender 2.44 came out and the plugin had to be reworked so that it would function with the new version of Blender, which is why I wanted to ask if a hiatus was planned to make sure that the current plugin still functions with Blender 2.46 RC1, as the plugin is far more advanced since that time, meaning that there are places where bugs will occur, simply because a new version has come out
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Marcello » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:41 am

All in all sounds like things are going well here. I just returned from a long holiday and will start writing in the upcoming days again. I made some sketches and wrote down some ideas. Hopefully I will be able to realise those. I do find that i tend to come up with puzzle ideas that require animations :(... just a hint, although I'm all for better water ;)
Last edited by Marcello on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marcello

Postby Lontahv » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:44 am

Don't worry Marcello, do some little projects and keep your good-anim-filled ideas for later. And it never works well to "water down" your idea to work with your plugin features--leads to dull ages. :)

~Lontahv
Last edited by Lontahv on Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Marcello » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:04 am

Copy that Lontahv :)... have a look at the swim regions tutorial and my "brilliant" pool age and you will know I found out the hard way lol :D
Marcello

Previous

Return to Plasma Development