Wavesets, can we play?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Wavesets, can we play?

Postby GPNMilano » Sat May 24, 2008 11:30 am

K, here's my blend file. When my regular age wasn't working, I created this to try and figure out why it wasn't working in Uru. So i made the most simplest thing i could.
Attachments
fountain.zip
(52.67 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby D'Lanor » Sat May 24, 2008 1:18 pm

I don't think a waveset should have both a None type and an EnvMap texture. I would ditch the None texture.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby andylegate » Sat May 24, 2008 1:21 pm

I was about to say, Nadnerb tells you in the tutorial to get rid of the textures for your Wavset.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby GPNMilano » Sat May 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Ooops, not sure why that was there. I deleted the none texture, rexported, and deleted the sav file just in case before putting the age into uru to test it out. Still same. Doesn't appear. So it wasn't the none texture.

To reiterate.
Uru: 1 zillion.
Me: 0

EDIT:

OKAY, now I know why I put a non texture there. Dox said that is what must be done, first part of this thread, that to delete all the textures but to put a none texture there. So thats what I was doing.
GPNMilano

Postby andylegate » Sat May 24, 2008 2:00 pm

Uhm....how are you exporting the Age with your sequence number at 100?
andylegate

Postby GPNMilano » Sat May 24, 2008 2:02 pm

andylegate wrote:Uhm....how are you exporting the Age with your sequence number at 100?

Its the only age in my library with a sequence number of a 100, so it doesn't clash with anything else. I use it as my sequence number for testing stuff.
GPNMilano

Postby andylegate » Sat May 24, 2008 2:14 pm

Okay, I applied some of my own home grown textures, and exported your little test age, and tah dah...I had water just fine.

Your shore on the other hand was drifting way above the fountain,....I'd recommend redoing it's center to match the water height, and Re UV Mapping it again.

But the water is there....doesn't look very good as you don't have a dynamic enviormental map put in. Look back on this thread, and Nadnerb posted how to put in a dynenvmap in your ALCscript, it's easy and all you have to do. But even so, the waveset is there for me after exporting your blend file.

Might I suggest redownloading, and reinstalling your PyPRP plugin, just to be safe?
andylegate

Postby Nadnerb » Sat May 24, 2008 2:54 pm

Uhm... you shouldn't have to do anything to have a dynamic envmap attached to your waveset. It should create one based on the object center automatically. The reason you can alcscript the evnmap ref is because that would be how you would attach a static environment map. (if, for some reason, you didn't want it to reflect what plasma actually sees)
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby GPNMilano » Sat May 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Welp, slight update.

Redownloaded 1.4. Installed it. Rexported. Nada. So I took a look at Ahnonay, my water looks fine there. Took a tour of E'rcana. Here's where things get weird.

I see the ripples in the mixer, but not the rest of the water. And not in all the mixers. Only two of them. All other bodies of water in all other ages work fine the way they're supposed to.
GPNMilano

Postby andylegate » Sat May 24, 2008 3:34 pm

ah! Well since the Avatars are not displayed correctly in the reflection, I did what you said to do earlier in this thread: set the incharacter to 0, using the dynenvmap in the ALCscript.

I wonder if that's what is causing my stuttering problem.
andylegate

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development