MORE and PyPRP

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: MORE and PyPRP

Postby GPNMilano » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:20 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:There is no public Plasma 2.2. MOUL was Plasma 2.0, just like Uru. From Plasma 2.1 onwards, there is no netcode and lots of the SDL stuff is ripped out. You'd know this if you read Plasma 101 :roll:

Not sure if this was directed at me. Don't think it was, since I did read your Plasma 101 when it first showed up on the wiki.

I was under the impression though, that the change in BUILDS of the Plasma engine for MOUL was because of the necessary work needed to make the change from Havok to PhysX, as well as a slight change in the structure of the PRPs. The change in SceneNode names etc. Hence the need to convert CC to a newer build of 2.0.

Which is really weird cause the Myst library in both CC and MOUL is the model used in realMyst, which was Plasma 1.0. I'm assuming of course that they just took the model from 3DSMax and just made the necessary changes there and exported it for plasma 2.0.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Re: MORE and PyPRP

Postby Paradox » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:58 pm

IMO it's much easier to refer to MOUL as 2.2 rather than 2.0 (Builds 70+). Anyways... when I use 2.2 I'm referring to MOUL (unless something new comes along that is an actual 2.2 version).
Paradox

Previous

Return to Plasma Development