Descent MystV

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Descent MystV

Postby andylegate » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:34 am

Actually, it would most likely be easier if you did it. I think Trylon is swamped.

Oh, and BTW - I'm glad it was ME that created the problem. When I'm wrong, it's means the fix is normally quick and easy to fix.

It's when I'm right that things get hairy....heheheheheh.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Tweek » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:47 am

So is the issue fixed and up for downloading on ULM?

I wouldn't worry to much, I'm always making mistakes when coding websites, I'll leave out a closing tag or miss a quotation mark out and will be racking my brain trying to find out what it is, it's always something small and silly like that.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Trylon » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:10 am

Try this executable, it has the sequence prefix filter disabled so all ages will come through....

http://ulm.hbyte.net/Client/RC56Update/UruLibraryManager.exe
Just replace the executable in the uru folder with this one.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby ddb174 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:19 am

Great; thanks! Let us know if this works for you, Andy.
ddb174

Postby andylegate » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:28 am

Yep! That did it! The Ages are now under the Personal tab! Thanks!

Now I'm going back to work. I'm trying to force the state of the gates in Direbo to open......what fun! :)
andylegate

Postby GPNMilano » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Regarding Reeleshan. Is it just me or do the D'ni like having ages that are falling apart. Ithought that cavern and ages looked the way they do because the D'ni had been gone for hundreds of years, but judging by Reeleshan's arch, I'm starting to think that "used and broken" was the D'ni way.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby andylegate » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:58 pm

Quick question here;......

What are we to do for <nameofage>_District_BuiltIn.prp ?

Uru needs that prp file for SDL hooks and python....

I can't find any Myst V prp file like that.

Edit: Also, I noticed that many of the District file have "District" twice in the names once they are converted. Should that be happening?
andylegate

Postby ddb174 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:45 pm

Heh, I hadn't noticed that about the arch. Maybe his pen slipped while writing the Age.

Andy: it may or may not be a problem. What's an example?
ddb174

Postby andylegate » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:58 pm

Well lets say I get creative, and a lot braver that I really am. I want to open the gates on each of the bridges of Direbo. Now I don't want to enable the clickregions.....all though I might, and that would be cool to do, but let's say I'd just like the gates to be in their open states when I link in.

Well, the there is a SDL file for Direbo, and that's how we do things with Uru, is set an VAR BOOL state for an object. Just writing a new SDL file using the data from the Myst V SDL file, and then making Python file with the Uru:CC Glue is not going to work (all though I looked and didn't see any special Myst V things in the python files for Direbo concerning the gates). I've tried that.

There is no converted PRP file that has AgeSDLHook in it, or the VeryVerySpecialPythonFileMod, that's what the _District_BuiltIn.prp files in Uru are for.

And that's when I noticed that some of the files have extra "Districts" in them, like:

Direbo_drboEsher_DireboLaki.prp in Myst V is converted and renamed to: Direbo_District_drboEsher_District_DireboLaki.prp

But the .age file when you edit it, shows the original name file listed. I'm just wondering if that will cause problems. So far I haven't seen any in Uru:CC.
andylegate

Postby GPNMilano » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:44 pm

andylegate wrote:Quick question here;......

What are we to do for <nameofage>_District_BuiltIn.prp ?

Uru needs that prp file for SDL hooks and python....

I can't find any Myst V prp file like that.

Edit: Also, I noticed that many of the District file have "District" twice in the names once they are converted. Should that be happening?

Easy. Make them. They can be made with PyPRP (just make a new age, take the info for that age (say Descent) put it into the book script in pyprp and export. (this will export the built in page for Descent. I've done this numerous times with different areas and it seems to work fine.) Then autobuild your sum file in PlasmaShop and boom, you have your built in page.

The python for Myst V is different though. So you'll have to edit that as well.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development