Descent MystV

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Descent MystV

Postby Jamey » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:22 pm

One last question, where are releeshan's files in the Myst V dat folder?
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Tweek » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:21 am

They're in something like Kveer_Releeshahn or something similar.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Jamey » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:19 am

Do you know what I would need to put into the ULM file to make a page with a link to the link-in spot in Releeshan?
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby andylegate » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:12 pm

Aside from the fact that Minkata is showing up like the Black Age, way back when I did convert it, I kept those files, and was looking at them.

I remember all the "craters" or "stumps" were missing.

The file called: Minkata_District_minkDisCraterPhysicals.prp is about 15.5 MB in MOUL

After being converted, the file size drops to 10.2 MB.

5.3 MB of data is being dropped.......that's a lot more than just changing names and sequence numbers.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:57 pm

In MOUL, a lot of the PhysX data is baked, which causes the data to be a bit larger. I imagine that the combined unbaking and ignoring of unsupported data would account for file size drops.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby GPNMilano » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:12 pm

For those who are having trouble accessing Minkata, (RE: They get there but there's only black, and a small texture off in the distance, and when they try to move they fall and panic link out) Update your SUM file so that it includes the Minkata.csv file. That should fix the problem. I don't know why but its not loading this file for some people, so try putting it in the Minkata.SUM file and see if that helps.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby GPNMilano » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:15 pm

andylegate wrote:Aside from the fact that Minkata is showing up like the Black Age, way back when I did convert it, I kept those files, and was looking at them.

I remember all the "craters" or "stumps" were missing.

The file called: Minkata_District_minkDisCraterPhysicals.prp is about 15.5 MB in MOUL

After being converted, the file size drops to 10.2 MB.

5.3 MB of data is being dropped.......that's a lot more than just changing names and sequence numbers.

The craters and stumps are missing because they were cluster groups that had their own PRP. For some reason, offline Uru versions seem to choke on large groups of clusters, the small ones it can handle, but large numbers of clusters like from MOUL and Myst V it seems to have a problem with.
GPNMilano

Postby andylegate » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:15 pm

Gave the Minkata fix a try.

Nope. Still linking to the dark age with a texture patch.

I tried reconverting the files too. No good, and now the sum file does show all the files, including the .csv file.

I need to hunt down those files I converted the very first time.....
andylegate

Postby andylegate » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:27 pm

Okay, I found the problem.

You HAVE to have a sdl and python file for Minkata. I believe this is due to the day/night states. When I look into the converted Age file, I'm seeing those ,1's again.......

So I went to work, and tah-dah, linked in just fine, and there is the daytime cage with the flags whipping in the wind.
andylegate

Postby GPNMilano » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:04 pm

andylegate wrote:Okay, I found the problem.

You HAVE to have a sdl and python file for Minkata. I believe this is due to the day/night states. When I look into the converted Age file, I'm seeing those ,1's again.......

So I went to work, and tah-dah, linked in just fine, and there is the daytime cage with the flags whipping in the wind.

The ,1's have to be there for Minkata to properly load the day and night pages. Removing those will solve the problem but may screw with the paging in and out of ages.
GPNMilano

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development