Descent MystV

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Descent MystV

Postby Trylon » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:03 am

Wow - I need to get drizzle too.
Just started M5 again yesterday to see the ages, and I kinda stopped again because of the far-fetched storyline...
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby andylegate » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:07 am

Well I can get into Toldemer.

Tahgira and Noloben (Siralehn) are another matter. They seem to convert find with Drizzle, however, upon link, I get a CTD. It loads all the way, it's upon completion of loading that I get the CTD.
I'll have to go look at the Troubleshooting FAQ we have for Ages, as I've seen this before.....but can't remember what causes it.

Fun! :D
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:40 am

Siralehn and Tahgira only work with the latest SVN version. They will then look like this:

Personally, Noloben/Siralehn is my favourite Myst V age. Now if it only had a nice ambient music, I could sit there for hours (like I can in the MarshScene of Crowthistle, there's one island with really nice music).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby andylegate » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:58 am

er......can I download the .svn version??? :begs hard like a little kid....:

So far it converted everywhere in Myst V, However, I can only link into:

Direbo
Toldemer
Myst (I want to cry here, it looks SO sad... :( )
Laki (it's stuck at twilight....)
Decent (but only the volcano entrance, when I approached the hole....CTD. I guess I can use fly mode).

Ages that CTD right away upon loading:

Noloben
Tahgira

Here's some more screenshots:

Show Spoiler
andylegate

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:36 am

I assume CTD is a stackdump? In that case, the bug of crashing when getting close to ladders is fixed in SVN as well, as well as the problem that in Myst, it rains only in one spot (Dustin was really quick on that, he finished up the last four ages in on day - remarkable). You still need flymode in Descent though due to colliders blocking the hole in the ground, and due to the missing colliders in the Shaft itself. Just like in Tahgira, or you will be stuck in the cave at the beginning ;-)

Yeah, this Myst is very sad, but I prefer it to what we had so far in Uru. Having the realMyst version would of course be even better *dreams away* :D

You can check out the SVN version from https://alcugs.almlys.org/svn/drizzle/ . You'll also need Netbeans to compile it.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby andylegate » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:58 pm

No CTD means Crash To Desktop. No stackdump error. Or if it is, It's not displaying it, as my desktop is empty except for my wallpaper and icons.

Thanks for the link, and yes, I have Netbeans, I wrote the first tutorial for Drizzle..... :D

Edit: except it's password protected.... :roll:

Ah well.
andylegate

Postby ddb174 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:35 pm

I've posted the most recent compiled version on http://sf.net/projects/drizzle

I also put up the most recent snapshot for AndyLegate. However, it should be possible to login as guest, when all you're doing is downloading it. If not, I'll have to mention it to Almlys.

New stuff: All Myst5 Ages are supported(that doesn't mean they don't have flaws!). There should be no more CTDs when pointing the cursor at a ladder. There's a partial fix for journey cloths in Delin and Tsogal (thanks go to GPNMilano). The sky in Laki has been fixed (thanks go to Race). Pedestal symbols are clickable. Python changes are grokked.
ddb174

Postby andylegate » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Thanks!

:big round of applause:!!!

Heheh....I just got done upgrading my Nexus (Andy's Nexus) It now has linking books for all the Myst V Ages in it along with the MOUL Ages.....complete with linking panels.....

Sorry, couldn't resist.... :D
andylegate

Postby andylegate » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Meh, still getting a CTD with Tahgira and Noloben, more than likely it's me doing something wrong. I'll tackle it later as I've been on this all afternoon. Time to take a break and let my eyes rest (especially after doing the python file for my Nexus and adding the 7 new links to it......I'm going crosseyed! :shock: )
andylegate

Postby ddb174 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:05 pm

Sounds like it could be a sequence prefix problem. Try creating a new avatar & trying it.
ddb174

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development