Mat Classes needs to be rewritten

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Mat Classes needs to be rewritten

Postby Lontahv » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:14 pm

Ok, I didn't have the time to explain how I did it when I posted the demo. Let's see... this is the PRC code I used for the object http://lontahv.googlepages.com/bink_object.prc

made that into a .po file. Imported that into my prp (make sure those locations are correct before compiling though). Made sure that the baseLayer had a valid ref to a plLayer in my prp. That's about it. Oh, I *think* I had to change all the hsGMatState flags for the baseLayer to 0x0 except for the shade flag which was set shadeless.

Then I reffed the plLayerBink as a layer in my material.

Pretty much just my side of the story. Nad told about the same thing. The best thing for any of you folks to do is take a look at the prp example yourselves in PageEditor. This is REALLY easy since I didn't add hundreds of other things that weren't connected to the anim in the prp (like Cyan has in their prps).

I'll leave it up to someone else to write a more detailed tutorial. :)
Last edited by Lontahv on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Re: Mat Classes needs to be rewritten

Postby Nadnerb » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:21 pm

I know we can make object appear and disappear using SDL states. But is there away to have the objects fade out and fade in? I mean the objects themselves, not the textures.

I'm thinking no, that this isn't possible with plasma, as I can't think of an example of this in either Uru or Myst V...but it did seem to me to be an easier way of going about this, instead of having to mess with a bunch of textures. The object itself is already textured, you'd just being making a visability animation with the object, having one fade into existance, while the the other fades out.

Again:

Yes, it is possible to fade an object out. This is done with an layer animation which controls the alpha value of a layer.

The most obvious example of it's use is all the journey cloths. The hand glow object fades in and out.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Previous

Return to Plasma Development