Mat Classes needs to be rewritten

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Mat Classes needs to be rewritten

Postby GPNMilano » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:26 pm

Nadnerb wrote:That doesn't actually seem to follow your logic... wasn't the original intent to enable the setting of different colors per layer? The mir setting is per material, as you stated.. ???

It is possible to set an amb color rather than just an amb value, but it's a global setting in blender. The amb slider in blender sets the amount of the global amb color that affects a particular material. PyPRP ignores the global amb color though, instead pretending that it's always white.

I would like to see the colors set per layer, but unfortunately, setting all of them per Layer in blender is impossible. Its entirely possible to set the preshade and runtime this way, but setting them all can't be done. However, the ambient color is important to layers, and setting it at 0 at all times limits what someone can build, which IMO isn't a good thing. I'd still rather see the colors set by layers, but as of right now, only preshade and runtime can be done this way it seems.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby andylegate » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:30 pm

HOLY #$%^&*!! I GOT ANIMATED LINKING PANELS TO WORK!!!

I'll make a new topic post in a few minutes show how I did it! It's easy! Wow!!!

Sorry for hijacking your thread GPNMilano.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Grogyan » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:56 pm

thats fine for playing animations in books,, but i'd like to know how or if it can be done for like a fake video feed on a computer screen in the game?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Lontahv » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:06 am

Grogyan wrote:thats fine for playing animations in books,, but i'd like to know how or if it can be done for like a fake video feed on a computer screen in the game?

plLayerBink. Just like the faces and books in MystV.

I have yet to try this out.

I'd have to say for myself adding this to PyPRP isn't worth the time or effort. If you want a complex rarely used function like this I think libPlasma tools are better than dealing with the Alc-Blender monster. :P

Just need to get around to trying it. We currently have all the tools needed to add these things.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Trylon » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:49 am

Nadnerb wrote:It is possible to set an amb color rather than just an amb value, but it's a global setting in blender. The amb slider in blender sets the amount of the global amb color that affects a particular material. PyPRP ignores the global amb color though, instead pretending that it's always white.

To be precise: The Color picker and Amb slider are converted to the preshade and runtime colors. The Amb color isn't set by Pyprp. It would be entirely possible to use the mirror color for it.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby GPNMilano » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:40 am

I just made some changes to my Mat Classes, and the Ambient Color is now set using the MirCol setting in blender.

I still might have a crack however at reworking the matclasses a little. I would like to get at least the preshade and runtime colors set through the map to section in blender. Anyone know what that section of the mapto is for off the top of their heads?
GPNMilano

Postby Lontahv » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:28 am

http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/ftp/U ... e_test.zip

There's a little test I did... and it works! Even the sound. :D
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby GPNMilano » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:10 am

Looks good Lontahv. Though I must say, your little test scared the crap out of me when I first linked in, cause it was all dark and then the swirly thing and I was thinking "Am I falling" cause I didn't have the sound on.

But its good to know we can use this.

::rubs hands together and smiles at her evil plans for this::
GPNMilano

Postby boblishman » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:39 am

Lontahv wrote:There's a little test I did... and it works! Even the sound. :D

errr... any chance of sharing HOW you did that (after all, I thought SHARING was what this forum was about ... (though it seems recently that it seems to be more about showing off than sharing ... )
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby andylegate » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:05 am

Yes, please share. I'd love to see what all you had to do, and many, MANY of us have dreamed about having Day/Night cycles, or other layer animated things in our Ages.

Too bad we're having to use libplasma for things like this. To me that's just taking lines of code from a Cyan Age and editing them and pasting them into our Age, pure hacking. I'd rather be able to do things like this in Blender using the plugin. Using libplasma to take Cyan's code makes me feel a bit like a thief.

Not to mention while LibPlasma is a great tool....not everyone who makes Ages can work with it, but they can work with Blender and the Plugin.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development