Drizzle 9.0

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle 9.0

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:03 am

You can place the line "java -Xmx800m -jar Drizzle9.jar" (without the quotes) in a batch file, for example "drizzle.bat". Then drop the batch file inside your Drizzle folder and start the program from there. If I understand that message correctly that should increase the heap space.

Edit: I tried this and Drizzle starts up fine from the batch file. Then I played with the value (even set it as low as 16) but I did not notice any performance difference. So I guess Drizzle overrides that setting... :?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:28 am

Yes, it does - the Drizzle9.jar doe nothing but execute a Drizzle.jar it contains with the "java -Xmx800m -jar Drizzle.jar" command so that the heap size is set correctly. It seems that for some reason, this does not work on Jeffrey's machine - which is really strange as it works everywhere else.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:11 pm

Jeffrey, you didn't perhaps unzip the Drizzle9.jar and run the DrizzlePrp.jar file inside did you? Because that would cause this problem.
ddb174

Previous

Return to Plasma Development