plMaintainersMarkModifier

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

plMaintainersMarkModifier

Postby GPNMilano » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:34 am

Okay, after figuring out today how the GPS system of Uru actually works, I'm realizing, that in order to keep continuity straight, a layout of the cavern, with the precise GPS coordinates of current canyon locations will have to be mapped out. (I'm already working on this)

Reason I say this, is the position is determined by a cube, relative to the Great Zero's actual position in the cavern. In the Great Zero itself, this position is directly in the center of the Great Zero machine itself. In the city, it's at the top of the guildhall mountain, etc. It's when you leave the city, and into the outlying areas that this gets a little...off...

When layed out however, in blender, these coordinates sink up pretty well together. (Kirel and Bevin are near each other, along the cave wall, the Great Tree Pub is below the Great Zero and to the left, (when facing the guild hall) and the Baron City office is on the right.

I'm going to layout a map of the cavern, with the coordinates of the GPS cubes in Bevin, Kirel, the City, and the Great Tree Pub, so everyone can get an accurate idea of where things lie in relation to one another. This way at some point, if we want to add GPS coordinates to our ages, we can get an accurate layout of the cavern, and not have areas of D'ni overlapping where they shouldn't be. etc.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Re: plMaintainersMarkModifier

Postby Raider7 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:13 pm

Sounds interesting. Can you please post a map of where the co ordinates are when you have it finished?
Raider7

Re: plMaintainersMarkModifier

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:51 am

GPNMilano: contact the Guild of Cartographers and see what their most up-to-date "KI-PS" maps are. Just skimming their map site, I discovered this one of the city:

Show Spoiler

Somewhere, they must have one of the cavern at large...
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Return to Plasma Development