Offline KI

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI

Postby Old Wolle » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:49 pm

Jamey wrote:Ok, I moved the entire Uru folder to C:\Users\Jamey\Saved Games\, made a shortcut to UruSetup rather than Uruexplorer...and yet it is still minimizing X_X

I don't know what you mean with "minimizing X_X". You start URU with the shortcut from the "UruSetup"?
Jamey wrote:One thing I did notice about my Uru folder is that I have 2 UruExplorers:

I look several times on your screenshot and saw only one UruExplorer.
Jamey wrote:I had to install Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, then TPOTS expanision pack which came with To D'ni content

Thats ok so.
Jamey wrote:Could it be that I've been using the wrong launcher? But if I am, why is the problem occurring now and not a long time ago?

I don't know which files you have started some time ago.
Jamey wrote:And are you all sure there is nothing in the GUI, Clothing, or Python files that would cause this? Because those are the first things Uru loads before Relto, and it's that place where I minimize.

I tested TPots with all Addons like ULM, Drizzle, OfflineKI, all Fan ages several times under WinVista and Win7. And had no problems, when I installed TPots in the original path, then moved it to the "Saved Games" folder and then installing the rest.
For me all Addons runs fine.

Sometimes, when I run a program with an other resolution than my screen resolution, the program will starts minimized. But thats no problem for me and happenes under XP, too.

Jamey wrote:I also found this issue comes up when I minimize Uru myself from fullscreen (I never play in windowed mode), it's hard to get it back maximized (it will re-minimize most of the time)
If this has nothing to do with the minimization problem, I'm out of ideas :(

I think, that is a problem of your resolution. URU is not designed for 1280x800.
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby Jamey » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:08 pm

What do you think I should try now? Edit the dev_mode file?
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Old Wolle » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:21 pm

Sorry, I have no experience with that. Eventualy someone else?
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby Jamey » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Anyone else have any ideas of how to fix this? Any other help anyone can give me would be HIGHLY appreciated...
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby ddb174 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:22 pm

I would try playing in windowed mode. Or I would do a reinstall from scratch (I see that you still have ULM files, so it must not have been from scratch).

And as is said, after the reinstall, try it out to see if you have the minimization problem, then move it to your desktop, try it again, then install Drizzle and Offline-KI.
ddb174

Postby Jamey » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:44 pm

I think I'll try reinstalling it as you said this weekend (I think I'm done toying with it for tonight :P) and I'll let you all know what the results are.

If the problem does not go away after the reinstallation and before I install the offline KI with Drizzle, then the offline KI shouldn't be the problem.

If it does work after the reinstall, but before the Offline KI/Drizzle, then I install the offline KI with Drizzle and the problem reoccurs, then there is most likely something funny with loading the python files, or the GUI files within the offline KI files.

I'm hoping the Offline KI isn't the problem as I know you guys have worked very very hard on it, but if it turns out to be only a problem occurring with me, then I have no idea what the problem is. :(

Again I say, I'll let you all know what I found out as soon as I test everything this weekend ;)

(If anyone here comes up with any new ideas I could try to fix this, please do not hesitate to post them)
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby diafero » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:22 am

Your plan sounds like a good idea. I'm not sue if you said that already, but I want to stress again that you should move Uru before even trying to run Drizzle and install the Offline KI. So what I'd do is:
- fresh install, test it
- move it to "Saved Games", test it
- Install Drizzle and Offline KI (but no Simplicity, nor any fan ages!), test it
If it still works then, you can go on and convert MOUL, Myst V and Crowthistle and install the fan-ages.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jamey » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Alright, I'll keep you informed what I do exactly as I do it. I'll keep editing this current post to update ;) If you guys want to post something for me to do next, please do.

Currently moving the Uru folder back into the program files before uninstalling...
Now Uninstalling Uru TPOTS...
Uninstalled...and these files were the only ones left behind, just like the first time I uninstalled:
Show Spoiler

Now reinstalling Uru: Ages Beyond Myst...
Removed all content related to the ULM left over after the uninstallation (img, import, and ULM folders) Available Links, ULMLinkBook, and ULMServerBook
Now installing TPOTS...
TPOTS Installation complete, testing for minimization problem before re-adding ULM files back in...
Last edited by Jamey on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby diafero » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:15 pm

You should (re)move the files which were left after uninstalling to make sure it really is a fresh install
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jamey » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:18 pm

I ran Uru, and the minimization problem did occur
Where to from here?
KI#46415
Jamey

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development