Offline KI

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI

Postby diafero » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:19 pm

Just read my last post again - I doubt it has anything to do with it, but these leftovers might do strange things. If it's not them, it's another software you installed, a driver or something like that.
(I assume you speak about running Uru before adding anything again)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jamey » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:23 pm

Yeah, I didn't add anything before testing Uru again,

I don't see how the leftovers would make this happen...the files left behind shouldn't have an effect...

How bizzare...any other ideas for what this strange problem might be? :?
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby diafero » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:25 pm

They should not, but Uru is known for doing many strange things, and doing stuff with files which shouldn't even be opened is amongst them. So please just try it. That will also give you a new avatar ti exclude that the reason might be in your vault.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jamey » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:27 pm

So basically what you're saying is that I should try it with my sav folder wiped?
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby diafero » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:30 pm

No - with your whole Uru folder wiped (backed-up first, of course)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jamey » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:32 pm

I'll try that then ;) I can still add my sav folder later right?

(btw, thanks so much for your patience :P)
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby ddb174 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:56 pm

Well, you'll want to leave restoring you /sav folder to the end, so that it doesn't interfere with the tests.

Yeah, you should completely delete the Uru folder if reinstalling. Uru scans the folders and may not like something. Overwriting won't get rid of the files that weren't originally present, so it will load a bunch of extra python files, and I believe it scans .age files too.
ddb174

Postby Jamey » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:33 pm

I think it would be a good idea if I added the sav folder back in at the same time I install the offline KI, because before I reinstalled, my avatar was wearing MOUL clothing, and my relto had the moul relto pages, which were all from the offline KI, and if I'm afraid of if I load up the sav files without putting in the offline KI stuff, it would cause things to mess up...and vice versa

Do you all agree?

(Sounds currently decompressing from TPOTS installation)
Running TPOTS to test for minimization problem (I have not put anything into the Uru folder, no sav files, nothing. This is a whole fresh start with a new avatar
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Jamey » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:32 pm

alright, just tested it and the problem is unfortunately still there... :(
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby ddb174 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:34 pm

I think restoring the /sav folder should be the last thing. It might be the problem, so let's wait until after you've got everything else up and running. You want to test after each change to see at what point the problem occurs.

Edit: I just saw your new post. So, it seems to be an issue unrelated to conversion, Fan Ages, or the Offline-KI. Have you tried running it in windowed mode?
ddb174

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development