Getting libHSPlasma and PlasmaShop

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Geting libPlasma and PlasmaShop

Postby Zrax » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:21 am

diafero wrote:It seems you forgot to add some binaries to the ignore list, for example "mkmfs" or "dsData".

mkmfs and dsData are shell scripts, not compiled binaries... They are their own source, and therefore should not be ignore-listed ;)
Zrax

Postby diafero » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:46 pm

:oops: :oops: sorry, my mistake. Becaquse they were in the "bin" directory I assumed they were binaries and since they were executable I didn't look at their content... I should have used a graphical file manager to look at them, too, not only ls ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Thanks for the links, Zrax - can't wait to try the new 3.0 PlasmaShop!

Note: the PlasmaShop30.zip file contains PrpShop.exe and VaultShop.exe, but does not contain PlasmaShop.exe. When you have a moment, would you make another distribution?
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Nadnerb » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:50 pm

It is my understanding that PlasmaShop is currently lost in the transition between wx and Qt, so there is no current working build.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Chacal » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:55 pm

I have a Plasmashop 3.0 dated 2008-11-07
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby diafero » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:52 am

SVN doesn't contain a recent version of PlasmaShop (I actually never saw any PlasmaShop 3 build ;-) ). According to what Nadnerb said, the stuff in the "old" directory is what was not yet ported to Qt. But PrpShop and VaultShop are already really useful.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:56 am

Chacal wrote:I have a Plasmashop 3.0 dated 2008-11-07

I'm curious what it looks like. Could you put it up somewhere to download, Chacal?

diafero wrote:According to what Nadnerb said, the stuff in the "old" directory is what was not yet ported to Qt. But PrpShop and VaultShop are already really useful.

Agreed. I've been peering at PRPs using PRPShop - very nice! One suggestion: for items that don't have an editor, it would be useful to fall back to a hex editor, like PRPTool.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Zrax » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:00 am

The version PlasmaShop 3.0 that some of you might have is the wx version, which is very highly incomplete and not very useful yet ;). I will start rewriting it in Qt soon, but that's not quite available yet. I would post it, but like I say, it's really not very useful (and I think it even cuts off UTF-16 text files in some cases).

Also, in regards to the suggestion of making a hex editor: I've been asked about that a couple of times already, but I've actually decided NOT to include such a feature this time, simply because libPlasma should already support 99% of everything you'd find in any PRPs, and so eventually PrpShop will have that same level of support (and therefore not need any hex editors). Although it's tempting to put one in temporarily, you can already view and edit the "unsupported" types in a more generic format with other tools like PageEditor (or PRPTool if you just want to view it in hex).
Zrax

Postby Agenotfound » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:21 pm

that was quite a discrete release ! nice to see plasmashop 3.

just a question what happened to page editor ?

also it seems that in this first release of plamashop 3 the .sum files cannot be opened ...
Agenotfound

Postby Zrax » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:17 pm

PlasmaShop 3 is still considered incomplete, so I didn't make an announcement yet. ;) However, this is why .sum files (as well as several other filetypes that PS2 supported) aren't available for editing yet... And to answer your question about PageEditor, Paradox provided an update to PrpShop that does PRC viewing for all types (and will probably eventually do PRC saving too), so I decided PageEditor was redundant... Plus, PageEditor was the only tool that required wxWidgets, which I haven't gotten to work on Win64 yet, so dropping support for it makes my life easier for release management ;)
Zrax

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development