PrpShop not saving changes to current object

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

PrpShop not saving changes to current object

Postby diafero » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:08 pm

I've got a small problem with PrpShop which I think is not really a bug, but it can sometimes have unexpected results: I recently used it to rename some pages and first had the impression that saving didn't work at all. The reason was that I just changed the name in the property editor and then hit "Save" - as I found out later, I have to switch to another object for PrpShop to really use the changes and then hit "Save" to write the prp (and make sure I selected the correct prp file).
What I imagine could be a solution is to read the property editor (the same might be true for the windows which show the details of an object, I didn't yet test) not only when I leave the current object but also when I hit "Save" to prevent that confusion - I think most people will want PrpShop to also save what they just did, even though they didn't yet select another object (and if they forget to do that and close PrpShop because they think everything was saved, the changes are lost).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: PrpShop not saving changes to current object

Postby Zrax » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Hmm, I thought it was already set up to save any active editors before writing the PRP, but apparently I missed that rather important step. Actually, I think I did have it do that in an older implementation, but forgot to copy the code over when I changed how it handled saving >.>

I'll go ahead and fix that and upload the new version shortly... Thanks!

EDIT: It should be fixed now in build 61 (available on the "Getting libPlasma" thread)
Zrax

Postby diafero » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:47 am

Indeed, checking the latest source out and compiling it fixed the problem - thanks :)

One question: When I select an age in the tree view and then hit Save, will it then save all pages of that age?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Zrax » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:55 am

diafero wrote:One question: When I select an age in the tree view and then hit Save, will it then save all pages of that age?

Yes, it should.
Zrax

Return to Plasma Development