Build errors

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Build errors

Postby Grogyan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Just to let you know that I tried compiling PageEditor today, and was unable to build the executable because it could not find "python.h"

There are also hundreds of warnings for loss of data from improper data type conversions, mostly from double to float, this may cause a host of problems later on
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Re: Build errors

Postby Paradox » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Were you trying to build PyPlasma as well? That requires the Python development kit to be available.
Paradox

Postby Grogyan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:43 pm

I asked it to build all, so I guess so.

There was also this error.
Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wx/wx.h': No such file or directory

So that maybe for another API that I don't know about?
Grogyan

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:11 pm

Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Zrax » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:05 pm

I'm also already aware of the warnings about converting doubles to floats... Despite what VS tries to make you think, this isn't actually a big deal, and is only showing up because I use a lot of implicit casts instead of explicitly specifying them. So don't worry about "a host of problems later on", because the only thing that adding the explicit casts will do is to make VS shut up (it won't actually change the conversions at all) :P
Zrax

Postby Grogyan » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Read this post viewtopic.php?p=29221#p29221

I've installed those components in several ways
and its still not working
same errors
Grogyan

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Did you add the include and lib directories for python and wxWidgets to Visual Studio? (Tools -> Options; Projects and Solutions -> VC++ Directories)

VS_IncFiles.png
VS_IncFiles.png (72.12 KiB) Viewed 6387 times

These are my include settings.

VS_LibFiles.png
VS_LibFiles.png (72.34 KiB) Viewed 6388 times

And these are my library settings.

You will also need to build wxWidgets... VC6 and VS2003 projects come with it, so you can upgrade them with VS2008 and build. You will need to compile with the unicode configuration. You will also need to build the stc project (found in contrib) under Unicode as well--it is used by PageExplorer.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Grogyan » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:39 am

Ah, hell I forgot about setting them up inside VS, didn't use to for VC6

Edit:
I get this error now
c:\wxwidgets-2.8.9\include\msvc\wx\setup.h(26) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../../../lib/vc_lib/mswud/wx/setup.h': No such file or directory

And I can't find any similar structure mentioned like this
Grogyan

Postby Paradox » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:30 am

Did you follow the wx build/README.txt file and compile wx for Windows? I believe you want to compile it in Unicode Debug mode.

If you want to build PlasmaShop, PrpShop, and VaultShop you will also need to compile Qt for Windows.

(and no, these aren't really libPlasma bugs, they're the crazy annoying way that Windows does things... I much prefer being able to type "apt-get install libqt4-dev" and magically have a fully functional (and fully detected) Qt4 development installation sitting in front of me ;) )
Paradox

Postby Grogyan » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:58 am

Arrrrgh,, found the txt file, attempted to compile, and the damn thing complains on its own workspace

I've never had this problem with VC6, I told it to use dirs, and it was fine, VC2008 is driving me nuts, and i'm quite tired at the moment.

This isn't a user friendly API, to have to compile it just right, for a particular platform, and I don't know how with with VC2008, so i'm gonna leave it for tonight

Might be easier I think to use torque (I know its a game engine and not a GUI API)
Grogyan

Next

Return to Plasma Development