PrpShop "Error reading file: File does not exist"

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

PrpShop "Error reading file: File does not exist"

Postby diafero » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:12 am

When I try to open the TPOTS version of Tahgira.age (converted with Drizzle), I get an error saying
"Error Loading File /windows/c/Spiele/Uru/dat/Tahgira.age:
Error reading file: File does not exist"
However, I can not figure out which file does not exist. The PrpShop.log contains some lines with that error
"pdUnifiedTypeMap::PlasmaToMapped ERR: Got type 8000"
and some of these warnings:
"Warning: Type [007D]plAxisAnimModifier is a STUB"
Besides, it seems to load all the pages without problems. Loading the Myst V version of Tahgira works great.

Since I get this error only for Myst V and Crowthistle ages, I think that PrpShop tries to load the BultIn page of these ages and fails because it does not exist. The ages work great without a BultIn page though, so I think PrpShop should be able to handle that, too.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: PrpShop "Error reading file: File does not exist"

Postby Lontahv » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:27 am

Maybe Drizzle is doing odd stuff to your prps.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby diafero » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:36 am

I can open all of them one by one or by selecting them all in the open dialogue, just using the age file doesn't work.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:46 am

Drizzle has written out a NULL Creatable somewhere (hence the 0x8000), it seems. I have no idea if libPlasma handles this.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Zrax » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:54 pm

The errors about type 8000 is, as Hoikas said, an indication that Drizzle is writing NULL creatables somewhere that it shouldn't be (for example, in a root-level PRP object). However, in most cases, this will not cause libPlasma or Uru to have any problems -- it's more of a debug warning to show you that something is potentially wrong somewhere. The warnings about plAxisAnimModifier are because, well, I haven't added support for plAxisAnimModifier yet ;). I'll go ahead and add that soon -- but again, that shouldn't cause any problems in PrpShop. The error you're getting is almost certainly because PrpShop expects to find a BuiltIn PRP for any Uru ages (it ignores them for Myst 5 ages, since Myst 5 doesn't use BuiltIn PRPs). I'll go ahead and let it silently ignore missing PRPs when you open an .age file.
Zrax

Return to Plasma Development