UruAgeManager/Drizzle 17

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

UruAgeManager/Drizzle 17

Postby ddb174 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:54 pm

I've just released Drizzle 17! Here's a direct link: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/drizzle/Drizzle17.jar

This tool, for those who don't already know it, allows you to download/install all the fan Ages ever released, as well as convert Moul/Myst5/Crowthistle Ages for use in PathOfTheShell/CompleteChronicles.

New Features:
-Tells you how many Ages need updating, and how many aren't installed yet.
-Now converts the end part of Ahnonay from MOUL.
-Fixed .sum file bug that affects a few people.

Added to the list are two tools: a language changer, and a portal calculator (you don't need version 17 to get these).

And as always, Old Wolle has kept all the Ages up to date!

Edit: Instructions are here: http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle
ddb174

Re: UruAgeManager/Drizzle 17

Postby Preachr46 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:02 pm

I don't have a complete backup of MOUL.

All I have are the Python, dat, SDL, and sfx files.

Simplicity says "Please choose folder that contains tos.txt".

So what do I do about that? If anything?
Preachr46

Postby GPNMilano » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Preachr46 wrote:I don't have a complete backup of MOUL.

All I have are the Python, dat, SDL, and sfx files.

Simplicity says "Please choose folder that contains tos.txt".

So what do I do about that? If anything?

I'm sure someone will be more than happy to share their tos.txt file with you. I highly doubt that its a copyrighted file (its just the terms of service for gametap after all)
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Preachr46 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Thank you...hopefully someone will PM me where to get it etc.
Preachr46

Postby diafero » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:46 am

Simply create an empty file with that name in your backup dir, Drizzle just checks its existence to make sure you don't give it another installation.
However, I really wonder how you backed up the Python and SDL dirs of MOUL - so far I know of only one person who managed to get them out of the download, as that is Dustin. While I am quite sure that others did it as well, it's really hard and involves a lot of hacking and reverse-engineering...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Lontahv » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:53 am

Wasn't hard for me. Basically I just fetched the files out of my windows temp folder while MOUL was running. :D
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby diafero » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:02 am

Hm, I thought I tried that but ok - that still leaves decrypting them :D (which might be easy for someone familiar with reverse-engineering and assembler, but since just reading assembler already makes me ill it sounds like black magic for me ;-) )
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Preachr46 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:20 am

An empty tos.txt file doesn't work for me. Still asks for the txt file.

Someone was nice enough to point me to where I could get the tos.txt file.

But Drizzle 17 still throws a bunch of errors looking for files etc that I don't have.

I have an older offline install of CC with the ULM and MOUL age files. I won't convert from that either. Gives similar errors.

Guess I need a complete MOUL backup to work from. :roll:
Preachr46

Postby diafero » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:22 am

Drizzle definitely does not check for the content of the tos.txt file, so if it still refuses to convert due to that file, you either named it wrong or put it in the wrong place. There is absolutely no need to get the original file, it's useless effort.

I have an older offline install of CC with the ULM and MOUL age files. I won't convert from that either. Gives similar errors.
Of course it won't, that is an Uru installation containing Uru files - what sense would it make to convert Uru to Uru format? If the errors are similar to what you get for your MOUL backup, I come to the conclusion that this is not actually a MOUL backup but a backup of the already converted MOUL files for Uru which used to be available (which would also explain the Python and SDL directories). They are already in Uru format, so to use them, just copy them to your installation - that won't fix the issues these files had though. To really get the latest version of the files, you need the original MOUL files which were downloaded from Gametaps servers.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Preachr46 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:10 pm

Thanks to some good people...I have what I needed. :D

Will let you know how it goes.
Preachr46

Next

Return to Plasma Development