Setting Java Variables??

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Setting Java Variables??

Postby electroglyph » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:54 pm

First off, let me say that I am running Drizzle on a Vista 32 bit system. After getting kicked around for about a week I finally loaded uru and end of ages into my desktop (not all users). I got the game to work and drizzle to run. Now I am having trouble with a couple of ages Enobmort and Hayal loading. I also can't get the end of ages files to load completely.

I click on the DrizzlePrp.jar icon to start the application. When I open Drizzle the Log window has this message.
Warning: You should run Drizzle with a larger maximum heap space. E.g.: java -Xmx800m -jar DrizzlePrp.jar
How do I access java to change the heap space? Or do I need Developer's Java instead of vanilla Java the website defaults to?

THanks,
electroglyph

Re: Setting Java Variables??

Postby D'Lanor » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:40 pm

You should not unpack DrizzlePrp.jar but run its container file Drizzle17.jar directly.

The container will set the correct variables.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby electroglyph » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:54 am

Thanks!
That was the last piece of the puzzle. Drizzle didn't work from program files orthe games folder. My desktop seemed to be the only place It contacted the server for new ages.

I have all the fan ages and the end of ages files working in my CC.
Show Spoiler
I'm going to McKay's tomorrow to see if I can find a used version of The Well Of Tears with the crowthistle ages CD. All that's left then will be the MOUL ages.
electroglyph

Postby Preachr46 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:03 am

Just walk through the cables and doors etc. Use fly mode to get around because the cable cars etc don't work either.
Preachr46

Postby ddb174 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:50 am

Yeah, the Myst5 Ages are fully explorable, but not functional. (Whereas the Moul Ages are also fully functional.) You can however, use the pedestals to get around: it's possible to get everywhere in the Myst5 Ages without using flymode at all. Of course, flymode gives you some great views!
ddb174

Return to Plasma Development