plNotifyMsg crashes

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

plNotifyMsg crashes

Postby GPNMilano » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Both PageEditor and prcc won't save or compile a responder or object with a plNotifyMsg in them. Its only when it has an event key that uses the proEventData though.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Re: plNotifyMsg crashes

Postby Zrax » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:58 pm

When you say proEventData, do you mean the actual proEventData class (as opposed to one of its subclasses)? That should be an abstract base class, and shouldn't be explicitly used... If not, could you provide a sample file that's making it crash? I tried it on a couple of plNotifyMsgs with pro*EventData classes that I found in the Cleft files, and they have been working fine so far. Thanks
Zrax

Postby GPNMilano » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Zrax wrote:When you say proEventData, do you mean the actual proEventData class (as opposed to one of its subclasses)? That should be an abstract base class, and shouldn't be explicitly used... If not, could you provide a sample file that's making it crash? I tried it on a couple of plNotifyMsgs with pro*EventData classes that I found in the Cleft files, and they have been working fine so far. Thanks

As an specifically neither pageeditor or prcc (using the March 7 Build) will compile or save this type of proEventData class

Code: Select all
<Command>
   <plNotifyMsg>
      <Sender>
         <plKey Name="cRespComputerScreen" Type="plResponderModifier" Location="10139;4" LocFlag="0x0004" />
      </Sender>
      <Receivers>
      </Receivers>
      <MessageParams TimeStamp="0" BCastFlags="0x00000800" />
      <NotifyParams Type="0" State="1" ID="0" />
      <Events>
         <proCallbackEventData>
            <CallbackParams CallbackEventType="1" />
         </proCallbackEventData>
      </Events>
   </plNotifyMsg>
   <WaitOn value="0" />
</Command>

I've tried it with Cyan's stuff too, just resaving a page without changing anything and it still causes it to crash. And compiling the prc with prcc causes that to crash as well. even if nothing is changed.
GPNMilano

Postby Zrax » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:45 pm

Try it with today's release that I just posted... It's possible I've fixed something since the March 7 release that I don't remember fixing ;)
Zrax

Postby GPNMilano » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:15 pm

Uh Zrax, "todays" release is still the March 7 compiled version.
GPNMilano

Postby Zrax » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Hmm, your browser might be caching the download, because I just verified that the archive does contain the right files >.>
Zrax

Postby GPNMilano » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:16 am

K, cleared my cache. got the latest version. Tried it out, both PageEditor and Prcc are still choking on the exampled plNotifyMsgs :(
GPNMilano

Postby Zrax » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Ok, sorry for all of that mess... I was only testing this on Linux, and the Linux version wasn't ever crashing for some reason (in all reality, it should have been ^_^). In any case, once I tried it on the Windows version, I was able to find the bug and squash it, so rev. 308 should be fixed now. Thanks again
Zrax

Return to Plasma Development