Just a few small features you could change

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Just a few small features you could change

Postby Jamey » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:28 am

This is something pretty nifty I found out a long time ago in the Relto SDL that I think would be nice if it was automatically enabled when downloading the Relto SDL that comes with the offline KI. (If this feature has already been implemented into a recent version of the Offline KI that I don't know about, Thanks! :P )

Basically, go into the SDL file for Relto, scroll down to the latest version (you do not need to create a new version) and simply change this variable from 0 to 1:

Show Spoiler

After you change DEFAULT=0 to DEFAULT=1, go to your Relto wardrobe to find that you now have the old Uru Live Ubisoft Beta Tester T-Shirt :D

Show Spoiler

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this is something I found out a while ago as well, a simple modification to the of the city's .Age file .

Go into the ago file, and you'll see something that looks like this:
Show Spoiler

Here is what you want to do, take away the ,1 on the end of some of the lines so it looks like this:

Show Spoiler

Then, when you go to the Library, Ta-Da! :D
Show Spoiler

These are easy to do, but kind of a hastle to redo over and over everytime you download a new version of the Offline KI where they are not activated ;)

So, what do you all think, could you make these small changes to the next version of the KI if you haven't already?

Thanks a million and good job with the Offline KI so far! :)
KI#46415
Jamey

Re: Just a few small features you could change

Postby ddb174 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:49 am

Yes, those would be good! And they can be done in Python code without changing the SDL or .age files too, fortunately. Offline-KI 2.7 was just released today, but perhaps Diafero will be able to add those to the next version!
ddb174

Postby Jamey » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:57 am

Yeah, it's really amazing what things you can unlock by just changing the numbers in an SDL file.

The city specifically has a whole bunch of awesome stuff you can put in. Some of my personal favorites include:

A DRC stage in the main plaza:
(change the number to this in the latest version)

Code: Select all
VAR BYTE    islmDRCStageState[1]    DEFAULT=2 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT
Doing default 1 will put the stage there, but you won't see the DRC logo on it ;)

5 Journey Cloths placed throughout the city:

VAR BOOL    islmJourneyCloth01Vis[1]    DEFAULT=1 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT
VAR BOOL    islmJourneyCloth02Vis[1]    DEFAULT=1 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT
VAR BOOL    islmJourneyCloth03Vis[1]    DEFAULT=1 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT
VAR BOOL    islmJourneyCloth04Vis[1]    DEFAULT=1 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT
VAR BOOL    islmJourneyCloth05Vis[1]    DEFAULT=1 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT

A linking pedestal in front of the library leading to Teledahn:

VAR BOOL    islmTeledahnLinkLibraryExteriorVis[1]    DEFAULT=1 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT

I like this one a lot since it was mainly featured in a few Uru Live trailers, but was never in the city itself when released...until now :D

Activating this one will turn on lights in the back area of the ferry terminal:

VAR BOOL    islmUnderwaterHarborLightsRun[1]    DEFAULT=1 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT

This one is awesome. It makes the guild hall have flashing lights like construction is being done. Makes it feel much more alive! :)
VAR BOOL    islmGuildHallConstructionVis[1]    DEFAULT=1 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT

--------------------------------------
Another thing I found very cool is this; Remeber how Eder Gira, Kadish, Teledahn, and Gahreesen had books leading back to the nexus within them in MOUL? Well, we can turn those on as well :) They are contained within each age's SDL

VAR BOOL    giraNexusStationVis[1]       DEFAULT=1 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT

VAR BOOL    grsnNexusBookVis[1]         DEFAULT=1 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT
VAR BOOL    grsnWallInfoJournalVis[1]   DEFAULT=1 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT

(Yes, the Wall Journal can be activated too :D)

VAR BOOL    kdshNexusStationVis[1]    DEFAULT=1 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT

VAR BOOL    tldnNexusStationVis[1]    DEFAULT=1 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT

---------------------

Plus, these are only a few things you can trigger with the SDL files in the various ages. There are many more beyond just these :D
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby diafero » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:28 pm

I've got some important exams next week, but I wil remember this thread as ToDo-List :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chacal » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:54 pm

See this thread for a few more...
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby diafero » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:36 am

I tried some of these suggestions when you posted them and so far I was unable to get these dark creatures in the hood and the bahro in Releeshan to appear - either I am blind or something is acting strange. Which exact balcony do you mean with the "neighborhood lower balcony"? The one on the classroom or the one with the telescope?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jamey » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:23 am

Some of the variables don't work so easily unfortunately :( Most of them work, but some just don't. I dunno why...wish I did. :(

I've never tried Bahro in Releeshan, so I'm not sure what may be wrong there.
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:43 am

That is because you are just changing the defaults. Variables that are already set into the age state may not always change unless you delete the sav file for that age.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby ddb174 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:37 am

Wow, I never saw that thread Chacal, thanks!
ddb174

Postby Chacal » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:06 am

Jamey wrote:Some of the variables don't work so easily unfortunately

That's because this is not true:
Jamey wrote:Basically, go into the SDL file for Relto, scroll down to the latest version (you do not need to create a new version) and simply change this variable from 0 to 1:

You do need to create a new version when changing the default value of a SDL variable if you want to avoid problems later on. Then, as D'Lanor said, these are just the defaults. If you have changed the value in the game, you have to either delete your .sav file or find a way to change the value back (diafero, can we use the /set command for any SDL var?)

Diafero, I'm talking about the balcony with the telescope. Stay there looking out at the lake and you'll see the outline in the water glide by in the distance every few minutes, a little to the right. It runs in a circular path. It's easier to see it in fly mode. Also there are tiny boats going from island to island in the distance.

Also, to see the Bahro in Releeshan you just have to fly down under the platform, he's hanging out there already. If you tried flymode in the MystV game, you probably found the NPCs (Esher, Yeesha, bahros) were always floating out there in all Ages, usually under the floor of the room they're supposed to appear in. In K'veer, there's a whole phalanx of bahros aligned under the floor.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Next

Return to Plasma Development