Drizzle problem

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Drizzle problem

Postby Revus » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:50 am

Im fairly new so sorry if this ius the wrong place but im determined to get this sorted to try this program out.

I downloaded Drizzle, I reinstalled uru then path of the shell, I copied the C: program files path of the shell over to my documents area and I gave drizzle the address path for that folder their in my documnets cause Im running on vista. I played on uru and got to relto, linked to the first 4 ages then I linked to bevin and accessed the Nexus and got that and also got my ki from gahreesen. i exit and go to run drizzle and for now i downloaded just one age at the moment, I press Launch Uru and all I get is Cannot Launch Uru, someone help please!
Revus

Re: Drizzle problem

Postby diafero » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:26 pm

You could try launching Uru manually, that should also show the new ages. Perhaps it's just that button which for some reason does not work.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Did you enter it on the UruAgeManager tab? I take it you're running Vista. Did you actually copy the files as opposed to just making a shortcut (a shortcut would have a little arrow in the corner of the icon, I think) And did you install the Offline-KI from the UruAgeManager area?

Instructions on how to do these things are here: http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle

An alternative solution to the Vista/Win7 Pots bug is given by Neerus(thanks!):
Right-Click the folder (TPOTS) and click properties.
Click on the Security tab, select account currently logged in.
Click Edit and check Full Control as Allow.
ddb174

Postby Revus » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:45 pm

Launching uru manually doesnt show the ages downloaded from drizzle in the nexus at all, I have the copied program file from c drive in my documents, no arrow, its not a shortcut and yes I've installed the latest version of offline ki 2.7 and the accoun im using does have full control.
Revus

Postby ddb174 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:49 pm

What does it say in the "Pots folder" area exactly? (You can use Ctrl-A then Ctrl-C to copy it's value, then paste it here)
ddb174

Postby Revus » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:52 pm

C:\Users\ConcordeTH\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst
Revus

Postby ddb174 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Did you download the Age before or after you moved the Uru folder? If it was before, then the files weren't actually placed there (that's the whole problem), so try installing the Offline-KI and some Age again (Soundgarden would be a good one; it's a small download.)
ddb174

Postby Revus » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:15 pm

I copied the c drive folder after installing uru path of the shell, and before downloading the age and offline ki. and still Drizzle wont run uru -_-
Revus

Postby ddb174 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:26 pm

But it does say Offline-KI, etc was installed? (by turning green in the list?)

Edit: What does the log at the bottom say when you try to launch Uru?
ddb174

Postby Revus » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Offline ki is green as is the age I downloaded

The message says and I quote "Error: Unable to Launch Uru"

thats all
Revus

Next

Return to Plasma Development