Drizzle problem

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle problem

Postby ddb174 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:34 pm

So, you've got two installations of Uru: one in the C:\ProgramFiles and one in C:\Users. Before when you said you started Uru manually, but the Age wasn't there, did you perhaps start the original one, that's in C:\ProgramFiles and the Start Menu? If so you need to start the other one, in your MyDocuments folder. (You may or may not want to delete the other one so you don't get confused between them.)
ddb174

Postby Revus » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:03 pm

My drizzle program has the file path for pots set to where it is on my documents area and not the c drive one, I even deleted the c drive one, but before that I noticed the folder in the My documents one that had a folder "Age Archives" and inside is the age I downloaded and the offline ki. the one on the original C drive doesnt have this so I deleted the c drive one and the path was already set to the my documents one, but its still unable to launch uru.
Revus

Postby ddb174 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Right, I'm saying the Launch button may not work in Vista. Try starting it manually using the UruSetup.exe file in the Uru installation folder you've put in MyDocuments.
ddb174

Postby Revus » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:22 pm

but that wont load the ages cause im not using drizzle, but ill try, the ages downloaded are to appear in the nexus right?
Revus

Postby ddb174 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:25 pm

Yes, in the Restoration Links part. But Drizzle just installs/converts the files. That "Launch Uru" button is just a convenience. Uru can still be started the regular way.
ddb174

Postby Revus » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:04 pm

YES!!! at last it work and sorry you were correct, the uru setup helps run it with the ages installed by Drizzle =) thanks for the help. im gonna bring back my c folder that i deleted earlier tho cause it had my POTS game files and saves and id wanna keep it since id only use drizzle temporarily till the real uru live open source is out.
Revus

Postby RichURU7 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:42 am

Drizzle jar file no longer opening. Very strange has been working fine. Did the Open With - Java(TM) Platform SE (Java.exe?) as per Vista Troubleshooting. All I get is a quick screen flash from Java, to quick to read it. So I cannot see what Java does not like.
I suspect Goo Tool used with World of Goo, which is a Java program, to have caused the problem, but no idea what or how. Did remove the program but no joy. Guess my fault for getting messy with the World of Goo. No I have lost my wonderful Drizzle.
RichURU7

Postby ddb174 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:45 am

Hmm... maybe the Goo Tool installed an older version of Java. Try going to Start->Run and type "cmd". Then type "java -version" in the dos box and let me know what it says.
ddb174

Postby RichURU7 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:46 am

This is what is says, hope it helps

java version 1.6.0_13
java<TM> SE Runtime Environment <build 1.6.0_13-b03>
Java HotSpot<TM> Client VM <build 11.3-b02, mixed mode, sharing>
RichURU7

Postby Chacal » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:57 pm

- Check that you don't have a zombie in your task list (such as Drizzle itself)
- Try reinstalling Java
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development