Offline KI 2.7

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline KI 2.7

Postby diafero » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:24 am

The Offline KI which is available in UAM and on the Website is updated to version 2.7:
- Fix the crashes some people had when linking out of the Neighborhood
- Fix bug of invalid Link-In-Points to the city appearing in Nexus
- Added Bahro shouters in the city and the hood (thanks to Dustin and D'Lanor!). When the arch Bahro are enabled, the city shouters are randomly controlled just like the flyers. This requires Drizzle 18 to work!
- These Bahro shouters can be triggered with "/bahro shouter" in the hood and "/bahro library|ferry|palace|1-6" in the city (where 1 to 6 are the bahro flyers which already existed before)
- Flymode can now also be enabled with /float and disabled with /nofloat

The site http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI now lists (hopefully all of) the goodies and extras the Offline KI brings to the various ages.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Offline KI 2.7

Postby Erik » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:23 am

Thanks for this new release!

Those new Bahro commands are great! Especially the one in the 'hood. I think there were few who saw the Bahro bringing the stone and I recall most people didn't believe it when they heard it. But not we all have a chance to see it with our own eyes. 8-) Seeing things like this, I realise again how rich Uru actually was...

I also noticed that Negilahn has been improved a lot since the last time I had been there. I thought it wasn't possible because MOUL used a different version of DirectX, but apparently you did manage to get Negilahn to look the same as it did in MOUL.

So thanks to everyone who has worked on Drizzle and the Offline KI... it keeps getting beter. I really like the fact that it doesn't break or change anything, but that it enhances Uru in a great way. Drizzle has become a lot more user-friendly as well. Now it's a piece of cake for everyone to explore content from MOUL and explorer created content.

Tsogal remains the only problem though. I always get a black screen when I try to link to it... I already deleted my avatar and did a fresh install, but to no avail.
Erik

Postby diafero » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Those new Bahro commands are great! Especially the one in the 'hood. I think there were few who saw the Bahro bringing the stone and I recall most people didn't believe it when they heard it. But not we all have a chance to see it with our own eyes. 8-) Seeing things like this, I realise again how rich Uru actually was...
When I got it working in the Offline KI it actually was the first time for me, too, and it was quite cool :D . Just like the Bahro flyers, I did not get more than screenshots during MOUL.

Tsogal remains the only problem though. I always get a black screen when I try to link to it... I already deleted my avatar and did a fresh install, but to no avail.
Something in the age must be invalid... there is also the problem of non-English Uru installations stackdumping when linking there. of which we have no clue how it is caused and how it could be solved :( . Lucky enough, it is only that age which makes so many problems!
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jusme » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:58 pm

When I got it working in the Offline KI it actually was the first time for me, too, and it was quite cool . Just like the Bahro flyers, I did not get more than screenshots during MOUL.

Are there certain place(s) you have to be in the 'hood' or 'city' after activating the bahro code { I.E. /bahro shouter (in the hood) and /bahro library (etc... etc.. in the city) } and is there a time you have to wait for each instance?
Jusme

Postby I.Brattin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:40 pm

I was wondering on the city Bahro myself. On the hood stand in the book room facing the Takotah courtyard linking stone. Thats where that Bahro appears.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby Jusme » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:15 am

On the hood stand in the book room facing the Takotah courtyard linking stone. Thats where that Bahro appears.

Is it , like, instantaneous?...Or do I need to have a clean load of URU-CC and then do the MOUL file hook-up through drizzle?
I'm currently using drizzle 18, URU-CC, MOUL files in, Myst V in....I've stood facing that pedestal for about an hour now....It already has a stone on it...Duh...MOUL files....What am I missing here? Oh yeah...That Bahro...LOL

Sorry....can't wait no mo...must take a drizzle myself....LOL
Jusme

Postby Erik » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:38 am

If you've used an older version of Drizzle before, you need to reconvert the MOUL files with the new Drizzle. ;)
Erik

Postby I.Brattin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:50 am

Like Erik said all you need to probably do is reconvert MOUL. You don't need to reinstall Uru just convert MOUL again, thats what I did before the Bahro appeared in the hood. And it is instantaneous and last only a few seconds.

I still have not found where the Bahro in the city hide.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby Erik » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:02 am

I.Brattin wrote:I still have not found where the Bahro in the city hide.

On top of the palace, on top of the library roof, and on the roof near the ferry terminal where you have the door opening to the docks. The one on the library is also shown in one of the screenshots at mystonline.com.
Erik

Postby diafero » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:35 am

You can be wherever you want in the age, but the Bahro will always appear in the same place. Waiting an hour is not necessary - either they come instantly or not at all because something did not work ;-) . As St... I.Brattin suggested, you might try re-converting your MOUL files to get them working.
For the place they appear, the shouters are now all mentioned, and for the flyers I don't know all of them. Flyer 2 flies down the Great Stairs, 4 flies them up and then goes right in front of the Guild Hall, flyer 5 makes a tour around the lake and number 1 has a relatively short tour near the ferry terminal.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Plasma Development