Weird flickering boxy thingie

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Weird flickering boxy thingie

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:24 pm

Shorah, I just linked to Tre'bivdil with the latest Offline KI, and there a weird boxy thingie in the top left corner of the screen, showing brief glimpses of parts of the age. I'm trying to make a video, but it's impossible with that flickering in the corner. Anyone know what the heek that is?

Edit: it's in Zephyr cove too! And I don't know how many others!! :(
Justintime9

Re: Weird flickering boxy thingie

Postby diafero » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:28 am

That must be something with the wavesets then, an incompatibility with your graphics card. UAM also offers a version of Tre'bivdil without wavesets, you could try if that helps.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:41 am

That makes sense, usually Zephyr cove water just doesn't appear, I havn't had this problem before. Tre'bivdil I understand, I accidentally installed the waveset, and non-waveset version on UAM, so they may be conflicting :P
Is there a non-waveset version of Zephyr cove?
Justintime9

Postby diafero » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:58 am

No, not that I know of. You will have to ask Andy to create one.

Regarding Tre'bivdil, downloading multiple versions with UAM is not a problem - UAM removes old versions before installing a new one, so you can have all of them downloaded. The last one you clicked "Download" for is the one which is installed.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development