New Ages Released!

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: New Ages Released!

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Tue May 05, 2009 2:10 am

To download Windows Vista Mobility Radeon™ drivers or driver updates for your laptop or notebook product, please visit your laptop or notebook manufacturer's website.

Did you try checking the manufacturer site of your computer ?
Nanouk-GoW

Postby Gabriel » Tue May 05, 2009 2:52 am

OK

Deleted my download of the age from the cache, downloaded a fresh copy and installed - no effect
Reverted to several different graphics drivers, no effect.
Disabled existing sound hardware and used plug in USB system - no effect.
Disabled all sound adaptors on computer- no effect.
Changed all hardware settings (within the game), for graphics and sound to their minimum - no effect.
[Impossible to turn off hardware acceleration in Vista as that system is not resident, believe a different system is used now in any case.]

All the other fan ages run OK on my system (occasionally there are glitches but nothing serious), with the exception of a particular version of Ahra Pahts - it's the version which has a particular fan age [Quick edit - by fan age - I mean "shell"], from a competition some time ago - a similar slow down occurs.

Regarding Tvel - using a stop watch, I would say that the problem occurs at the same time after the first entry into the age - 60 seconds (variance +5). Linking to another age e.g Nexus immediately cures the problem, linking back to Tvel recreates the issue after the same timing.
Gabriel

Postby Old Wolle » Wed May 06, 2009 1:47 am

Race updated his age "Tvel".
You can download it now with the UAM.
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby Gabriel » Wed May 06, 2009 2:24 am

Old Wolle wrote:Race updated his age "Tvel".
You can download it now with the UAM.

Thanks for this.

I installed the latest version, but I still get the effect and the timing has not changed (always occurs after 60 seconds). Currently all game hardware (resolution, graphics quality, sound off), settings are set at minimum.

[Effect = sound (when on); crackly, distorted. Movement; very slow to respond to key presses and jerky.]

Apart from that, I would like to say how much I like the age, it's surprising what can be achieved in just 60 seconds :D

[Quickedit - I shifted everything over to another PC and Tvel runs fine there, so I assume that what I am witnessing is a "feature" of my Intel iMac".

Quickedit 2, by minimising the game to the taskbar, waiting for the soundtrack to even out and then maximising, I could continue without having to link in and out of the age, but the time limit remains, evry 60 seconds or so, game has to be minimisd and maximised, assume I have issues with graphics rather than sound.]
Last edited by Gabriel on Sat May 09, 2009 6:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gabriel

Postby Erik » Thu May 07, 2009 4:21 am

If Race is interested. I inspected Tvel. ;)
Erik

Postby Jojon » Thu May 07, 2009 12:59 pm

Aaaw, party ended in Tvel.

Is it just me, or does the music in the opening area of Oolbahnneea make anyone else look warily around for a bespectacled fellow in a hightech armour thing, trying to brain you with crowbar? ;P
Jojon

Postby Old Wolle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Wodan944's world "Oolbahnneea" is updated and there are now 5 puzzles included.
You can download Oolbahnnea with the UAM.
Have fun.
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Previous

Return to Plasma Development