New Ages Released!

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

New Ages Released!

Postby ddb174 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:46 pm

Now that there is a section for Offline-KI and Drizzle, I hope it will not be too many threads to mention some new Ages.

Wodan944 just released the first draft of Oolbahnneea, whose first puzzle is fully playable. He is working on adding the rest of the puzzles, but you can start solving now! (By the way, Old Wolle helped by puzzle design.)

If you haven't checked for updates recently, then you may have also missed Perlenstern's two Ages: Wianeroy and Soundgarden.

Also, Whilyam's updated version of Toroolbah is up.

As always, instructions are here: http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle, and the full list of Ages is here: http://alcugs.almlys.org/UAM/Ages

Enjoy!
ddb174

Re: New Ages Released!

Postby Gabriel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:43 am

Thanks for this. What a fascinating place Oolbahnneea is!
Gabriel

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:45 am

Yes! Oolbahnneea is quite a wonderful age. It seems almost dreamlike, very surreal :D
Justintime9

Postby ddb174 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:32 am

You can now see Perle's working fountain in the new version of Wianeroy, and Ametist's Botan has been updated to coincide with her new Age of Moysenland!
ddb174

Postby Old Wolle » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:51 am

Now you can explore "Tvel", the new age by Race. It looks very good.
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby Gabriel » Mon May 04, 2009 6:33 am

Old Wolle wrote:Now you can explore "Tvel", the new age by Race. It looks very good.

Yes quite an interesting. But I have a technical problem. When I enter the age, all is well, but gradually everything slows down, sounds become jerky and movement is difficult. Should I lower my graphics hardware settings, using the appropriate panel, just before I enter the game proper. Really just wondering whether other's are having a similar problem, or whether it is just a feature of my own hardware set-up?
Gabriel

Postby ddb174 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:24 am

That's the first I've heard of it; it might just be a combination of your video card and the water, which is often a problem with Uru.
ddb174

Postby Jusme » Mon May 04, 2009 3:14 pm

See this post for I had this issue as well, although I didn't specify which age(s).

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2903
Jusme

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Mon May 04, 2009 3:48 pm

I did not have problems exploring Tvel. Everything ran just fine, including the swin to the second island.

Looks very nice. Good job.

Graphic card: ATI Radeon X300SE.
Nanouk-GoW

Postby Gabriel » Tue May 05, 2009 12:59 am

Just to say thank you for all your replies - very much appreciated...

I'll let you know if I resolve the issue and how.

Currently running on an Apple iMac, using Bootcamp Vista (fully patched). The graphics card is a Radeon Mobility X1600. The driver for which is a hacked version using the Driver's Heaven website tool (because of the impossibility of getting the latest drivers for Mobility cards from the AMD (ATI) website.) Why hack the driver? Because I was having problems with the standard Bootcamp driver some time ago. Possibly this is the source of the problem, but I will tweak the hardware settings within URU first.
Gabriel

Next

Return to Plasma Development