PRP Importing

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: PRP Importing

Postby diafero » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 pm

To agree that you won't misuse Cyan's material, you have to edit the config python file... not sure how it's called, something like alcconfig.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Mekeretrig » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:21 pm

I finally got it working. Thanks for the help!
Mekeretrig

Postby GPNMilano » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:22 am

Hmm, Not sure which one you guys seem to be using, gives a pop up box in blender for permission to use import the cyan ages.

I'll post a link to the one i use now. You'll still need to use the older version of blender though.

Okay the second link on the wiki should now be working.

PyPRP Importer
Note: Some changes were done already to the files in order to be more compatible with the export functions of PyPRP. Just drop the scripts into the script folder of blender (the 2.45 version is the best one there is for compatibility at the moment)

Happy importing
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Stefan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:37 am

Okay just for those who wanna know.
Got it working with
Blender 2.45
Python 2.5
PIL 1.1.7 Win32 py2.5
PyYAML 3.09 win32 py2.5
And the PRPImporter in the link above

Thx for your help...
Stefan

Postby Whilyam » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:46 pm

I'm trying to import a neighborhood and Blender throws up the error that it doesn't have a "Scene mode." Also, even when I import all of, for example, the Bahro Cave, nothing shows up. I've got a separate install of Blender 2.45 and I have the importer scripts there. What am I doing wrong?
Whilyam

Postby GPNMilano » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Whilyam wrote:I'm trying to import a neighborhood and Blender throws up the error that it doesn't have a "Scene mode." Also, even when I import all of, for example, the Bahro Cave, nothing shows up. I've got a separate install of Blender 2.45 and I have the importer scripts there. What am I doing wrong?

GPNMilano wrote:If you wish to import Drizzled Myst V or MOUL ages it will do that but requires alot of work arounds to do so.)

Drizzled PRPs will not import because of a change in naming the scene node from Plasma 2 - Plasma 2.1. If you wish to import Drizzled ages you must change the Scene node name with PRPExplorer or another tool. The object's name will be "AgeName_PrpName" you need to change it to "AgeName_District_PrpName" In PRPExplorer this can be done by simply right clicking the scene node object and choosing to rename it.

NOTE: If you're going to continue using the file in your install of Uru, remember to change the name of the scenenode back to it's original name after you have imported it. Otherwise you're going to link in to an empty age :)
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Whilyam » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:09 am

Ah, that was my problem. Thanks.
Whilyam

Postby theclam » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Prp2Obj, from libPlasma, is throwing an error when I try importing anything after having drizzled in the MOUL ages. Could this be a related problem? Will the hack of renaming the scene node solve this?

It displays the following:
Code: Select all
e:\Data\Dev\Projects\GCC\Plasma\core\Util/hsTArray.hpp:110: Out of bounds
theclam

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:53 pm

theclam wrote:Prp2Obj, from libPlasma, is throwing an error when I try importing anything after having drizzled in the MOUL ages. Could this be a related problem? Will the hack of renaming the scene node solve this?

It displays the following:
Code: Select all
e:\Data\Dev\Projects\GCC\Plasma\core\Util/hsTArray.hpp:110: Out of bounds

No, this is a completely different error. You should post about this in the libPlasma forum with detail about what you're trying to import.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Whilyam » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Now the question is how do I get the neighborhood to export nicely? Is there a way to merge the different scenes together? The model has no textures on it (some are missing, others are there, but don't show up in textured view) and when I try to export it as an Age, I link into a sea of orange nothing.
Whilyam

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development