PRP Importing

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: PRP Importing

Postby Chacal » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:34 pm

You can't export Ages that you have imported.
During import a lot of things get dropped.

What you can do is export the stuff you have added, usually by giving it a new page number and exporting only a prp file.
Also you can export individual objects (selected), then add them in existing prps using libPlasma tools.
This is what I did for colliders in the City.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby GPNMilano » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Chacal wrote:You can't export Ages that you have imported.
During import a lot of things get dropped.

What you can do is export the stuff you have added, usually by giving it a new page number and exporting only a prp file.
Also you can export individual objects (selected), then add them in existing prps using libPlasma tools.
This is what I did for colliders in the City.

Not...entirely...true....

Animations (both object and layer) won't import (it's not set up to do that) so you'll get missing textures there. Also with cubic env maps. None of the logic stuff is imported at all. AND you'll have to change all the materials to be on the mesh panel rather than the object panel that it's imported to (the ob/me option in blender. by default it goes to the obj rather than the mesh which it needs to export with) Other than that, you can import and export an age, as long as you make all the necessary changes. I updated the plugin to the point where the only thing that really needed to be changed was the obj to mesh part of the materials. Most of the other problems with the importing process was fixed. At some point i'll get back to making the importer capable of importing an age to export status. But that'll be a LONG LONG way down the road.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Whilyam » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:48 pm

I'm still lost as to how I go about getting the Age to be on one scene and be able to export. Are there things I can remove like camera regions, markers, etc.?
Whilyam

Postby GPNMilano » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Whilyam wrote:I'm still lost as to how I go about getting the Age to be on one scene and be able to export. Are there things I can remove like camera regions, markers, etc.?

To get everything on to one scene (I'd advise not putting it all on one render layer but seperating it by pages. IE move all the objects on one scene to layer one, all objects on another scene to layer 2 etc) For each page (IE scene in blender) you need to select all the objects and in the object menu select "Make Links" and then "To Scene" this will create copies of all the selected objects to the scene of your choice.

So for instance you imported the neighborhood. you'd select all the objects in the nb01 page, (scene) and move them to the layer 1 of that scene, then link those to the default Scene. And you'd repeat with all the other pages. so the Classroom scene you'd move all the objects to layer 2, and then link them to the default scene etc. Once everything's merged on one scene, you can then go ahead and delete all the remaining scenes except for the one that holds all of them.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Previous

Return to Plasma Development