A Drizzle Issue or a Cyan Issue?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

A Drizzle Issue or a Cyan Issue?

Postby lightkeeper » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:49 pm

I just updated my rotating wedges for the PODS and discovered I didn't need to wait for each portal. I had originally started because of timing getting the Payiferen wedge then I got the Tesonot wedge. I then according to a portal calculator could get Negilahn at a convient time. I made the portal and got to the Bahro cave and clicked the portal symbol, nothing. No hot spot. So then I looked around and two wedges remained and I was able to walk to the next Portal symbol on the Bahro cave wall so I gave it a shot. It worked! Hey, one left lets try the next. I did and voila it worked! Is this a bug from Cyan or introduced by Drizzle? Oh, make no mistake I totally am in rapture with what you guys have done. I was just curious about this glitch.

Light
lightkeeper

Re: A Drizzle Issue or a Cyan Issue?

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi lightkeeper.

I do beleive that it was a planned Drizzle move. Many thing have been made easier to get.(special KI commands)

I also remenber having a hard time seeing one of the symbol on the wall. I had to set my game "gamma" all the way up and close the light beside my computer. ;)
Nanouk-GoW

Re: A Drizzle Issue or a Cyan Issue?

Postby diafero » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:20 am

Some old versions of Drizzle produce files which make these caves too dark. That is fixed in the latest version though.

Yes, the issue of being able to jump from platform to platform is known. It is related to the problem of being able to run through the doors in the Eders. So far I couldn't motivate Dustin to work on restricting us though :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development