Offline KI 2.7.2

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.7.2

Postby Jusme » Fri May 15, 2009 8:30 pm

I've noticed that the special character problems only occur when using a new avatar....IE...I don't have those probs when using an avatar that has completed the whole game...
Jusme

Postby 4runner » Sat May 16, 2009 4:49 am

I have a question. I have a laptop that has an AMd 64 bit processor. The Vista display say's it is using 32 bit. It is has an Ati video card. I have Uru CC loaded and runs fine. I tried the move folder to my desktop, and was able to have drizzle find it and ran offline Ki. But it still does not work like it does on my Xp desktop. It is as if I don't have the offline Ki on it. It just acts like the normal Uru. I can't use any of the cheat commands to do anything. When I start to type the / nothing shows up on the screen. Is it possible to run drizzle and offline Ki with a 64 bit processor. Thanks for any info.
4runner

Postby diafero » Sat May 16, 2009 8:10 am

Jusme wrote:I've noticed that the special character problems only occur when using a new avatar....IE...I don't have those probs when using an avatar that has completed the whole game...

But I used it on an old avatar which completed the whole game and had the problem, too.

4runner wrote:I have a question. I have a laptop that has an AMd 64 bit processor. The Vista display say's it is using 32 bit. It is has an Ati video card. I have Uru CC loaded and runs fine. I tried the move folder to my desktop, and was able to have drizzle find it and ran offline Ki. But it still does not work like it does on my Xp desktop. It is as if I don't have the offline Ki on it. It just acts like the normal Uru. I can't use any of the cheat commands to do anything. When I start to type the / nothing shows up on the screen. Is it possible to run drizzle and offline Ki with a 64 bit processor. Thanks for any info.
First of all, your 64bit processor acts exactly like a 32bit one if you have a 32bit Vista installed. It doesn't matter at all whether you use a 32bit processor or a 64bit processor with a 32bit operating system.
Your problems sounds like the usual Vista problem. Please double-check if you really *moved* the folder (and did not copy it) and if you are indeed starting the right installation of Uru.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Whilyam » Sat May 16, 2009 4:35 pm

A list of issues:

Forced third person with invisible avatar: Seems to only occurs after switching to a special avatar and linking somewhere. Confirmed when linking from Relto to the neighborhood. You're stuck in third unless you do /enablefp or you click on something like the telescope which does some reset of the third/first person cameras.

Library books: the /getlibrarybooks works, but is followed by a message saying there's no such command. The books show up, but the last two are for Ahnonay's Cathedral and Er'cana's Silo, not Gira and Kemo. This was a particular problem for me as I had to re-start my avatar because I couldn't retrieve Gira and Kemo to finish the journeys. The Silo book at least froze my avatar (no chat, not movement besides flymode).

/console: How does this work?
Whilyam

Postby Jusme » Sat May 16, 2009 7:13 pm

Well?..At least 2.7.3?...No, I'm not pushing....great so far.... :D

This is what I get with avatar (new character) that has completed ages...

And then this with a new avatar that has not....

Jusme

Postby diafero » Sun May 17, 2009 3:43 am

Whilyam wrote:Forced third person with invisible avatar: Seems to only occurs after switching to a special avatar and linking somewhere. Confirmed when linking from Relto to the neighborhood. You're stuck in third unless you do /enablefp or you click on something like the telescope which does some reset of the third/first person cameras.
This might be related to the 1st camera issue then. I remember I have not had that issue before, but for some weeks now I have it with every avatar.

Whilyam wrote:Library books: the /getlibrarybooks works, but is followed by a message saying there's no such command. The books show up, but the last two are for Ahnonay's Cathedral and Er'cana's Silo, not Gira and Kemo. This was a particular problem for me as I had to re-start my avatar because I couldn't retrieve Gira and Kemo to finish the journeys. The Silo book at least froze my avatar (no chat, not movement besides flymode).
That one I don't understand - the last two are meant to be Ahnonay and Er'cana. I did not create these files, just enabled what Cyan already added, so I have no clue why and how they chose these ages. The linking panels of the last two books are missing because their textures obviously got removed and Cyan just forgot about the files we are enabling here. I have the Er'cana sity silo issue, too... now, I could remove the book to prevent people from using it, but it still looks better with all the books enabled.
Besides, why did you have to re-create your avatar? You could have simply gotton it from Relto, couldn't you? Actually I doubt it is a good idea to use these books before you got the age the normal way, the linking rules are most likely wrong. I just added that command because some people liked to see these books, I personally don't like them as they add even more inconsistencies to how you can collect a book.
The issue with the error message is fixed here, thanks for reporting.

Whilyam wrote:/console: How does this work?
You can enter UruCinsole commands there. These are exactly the commands which can also be put into an fni file. PlasmaShop has a complete list of them included. This is mostly for developers as the most interesting ones (those for the fog) are already implemented as KI commands.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Whilyam » Sun May 17, 2009 6:20 am

I had to re-create my avatar because Gira wasn't available in Relto for some reason. I had all the cloths for it, so I must have done something to get there and get all the cloths without getting the books.

Thanks for the info.
Whilyam

Postby diafero » Sun May 17, 2009 6:28 am

I had to re-create my avatar because Gira wasn't available in Relto for some reason. I had all the cloths for it, so I must have done something to get there and get all the cloths without getting the books.
Please let me know if you can reproduce that - I never hear of such behaviour. Did you try "/link Gira"?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Whilyam » Sun May 17, 2009 6:52 pm

diafero wrote:
Please let me know if you can reproduce that - I never hear of such behaviour. Did you try "/link Gira"?

Yeah, it said I needed to collect the book before I could link there.
Whilyam

Postby diafero » Mon May 18, 2009 1:14 am

That means that the book is not yet saved for your avatar and should usually be available in the Gira Bahro column on your Relto. Wired.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Plasma Development