Offline KI 2.7.2

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline KI 2.7.2

Postby diafero » Mon May 11, 2009 12:08 pm

The next version of the Offline KI is out - you can get version 2.7.2 from UAM and from the website. These are the changes:

* Enabled Nexus books in Gira, Kadish, Gahreesen and Teledahn as well as wall journals in Gahreesen
* Added /console
* Added /textcolor to change the color of the KI text (takes the same arguments as /fogcolor et all) - thanks to Dustin for the help!
* Added /set options: For Sharper's office /set tree 0|1; for the hood: /set boats 0|1
* Fix for /avatar
* Fix for /tapfoot

Have fun :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Offline KI 2.7.2

Postby Darien » Mon May 11, 2009 9:22 pm

Gahreesen seems to be a bit buggy with 2.7.2. After downloading this to my existing installation, I was constantly getting dumped to my desktop while exploring Gahreesen, especially in the area around the Ki dispenser. I then started over with a clean install of Uru and reinstalled all the Drizzle additions. Gahreesen no longer seemed to have any crashing problems but then I noticed that I could not enter the crack in the rotating gear that transports you to the power room. I also had one crash in A'guera after linking to the Ferry Terminal from the Nexus, but was able to return here several more times with no problems. Gahreesen and A'guera are the only ages I've spent time in since installing 2.7.2, so I don't know if any other ages are affected.

Restoring my 2.7.1 installation has fixed all my Gahreesen problems.

BTW. I enjoyed playing around with the other avatars in 2.7.2. I was kind of disappointed that I couldn't dress Rand Miller's avatar with Atrus' robe, but I enjoyed watching Yeesha go through all the emotes that seem so out of character for her. :)
Darien

Postby diafero » Mon May 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Strange, does anyone else have such problems? All I did was changing some SDL vars, so I don't see how that can ause any crashes, but who knows...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Tue May 12, 2009 1:18 am

Because I have upgraded to Offline KI 2.7.2 yesterday I went to Gahreesen for a test and crashed back to the desktop a few feet away from the linking spot. I could not even go past the first door. :shock: :lol:

I had the Yeesha avatar. My problem is that I do not know how to get back me real avatar. :D

Edit: I deleted the Gahreesen book and went back in. (no crash)

But I could not get through the rotating gear/crack to get into the power room. My avatar did get halfway through out of sight but I was able to backout.

The only way to access the power room puzzle is by using the flymode.

I also did a fast check for Teledahn, Gira and Kemo. Everything looked normal.
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Tue May 12, 2009 4:12 am

Strange, I just visited Gahreesen, and everything worked fine. Then I reset it to test the power room, and it all worked, too.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Whilyam » Tue May 12, 2009 6:06 am

Just curious, how do you revert from a special avatar to the regular avatar?
Whilyam

Postby diafero » Tue May 12, 2009 6:13 am

The normal avatar types have names just like the special ones, and they are listed when you type "/avatar help": Use "/avatar male" to get back your male avatar and "/avatar female" for the female one. You can also turn an originally male avatar into a female one and vice versa.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Tue May 12, 2009 6:00 pm

re: No "normal" access to Gahreesen power room / Offline KI 2.7.2 version.

1- My UAM tab will not allow me a roll back to the 2.7.1 OffLine KI version.

2- I have created a new avatar and I stll cannot access the power room through the crack/rotating wall. I have no idea where this bug is coming from. (It was working ok with previous 2.7.1)
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Wed May 13, 2009 2:50 am

It's definitely not the problem of a single machine, too many people have it. So, now I have to find the needle in the haystack and try what could fix it :D

Could you please download the following file, put it into your SDL folder and see if that fixes anything?
http://home.arcor.de/diafero/upload/grsnClimb.sdl

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Wed May 13, 2009 3:16 am

Yep, the new file did fix the Gahreesen problem but I have another bug with the markers.

They cannot be clicked. (no hot spot)

Sorry for the hard work. :(

Because I thought the problem was at my end, I did a full reinstallation and I am playing with a new avatar. (I have backup saves for my previous avatars to be used when everything will be back to "normal" ) ;) :lol:
Nanouk-GoW

Next

Return to Plasma Development