Offline KI 2.7.2

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.7.2

Postby diafero » Wed May 13, 2009 3:24 am

Yep, the new file did fix the Gahreesen problem
That's really wired, because this file should be in a standard TPOTS installation, at least it is in mine. I just copied the original file which you should already have. Strange.

Which markers? The ones for the two first calibration missions, the 4 final calibration markers or markers of custom missions?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Wed May 13, 2009 4:42 am

diafero wrote:Which markers? The ones for the two first calibration missions, the 4 final calibration markers or markers of custom missions?

They are the first five calibration markers. I cannot check the other ones since they will only be available after the first 5.

Btw, I was able to play Gahreesen from my new installation on my main "C" drive which was copied to a sepate folder for the Drizzle/Uru/MOUL version, on an external HD.

Edit/P.S.
I presently have 5 more extra installations and none of them have a "grsnClimb.sdl" file
Nanouk-GoW

Postby D'Lanor » Wed May 13, 2009 10:19 am

I don't have the Offline KI installed but maybe you need to collect markers the proper (online) way by clicking on the KI symbol?

Edit: btw, I went through all of my backups and the only installation that had grsnClimb.sdl was Until Uru.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Old Wolle » Wed May 13, 2009 10:52 am

The same by me. I have an Uru Prime and a download version of TPots and I have no grsnClimb.sdl.
I think, in some versions the file is missing and so there is confusion.

I tested now with first including the grsnClimb.sdl and then installing the OfflineKI 2.7.2 and all work fine for me.
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby Jusme » Wed May 13, 2009 12:42 pm

I have URUCC and no grsnClimb.sdl file to be found..My game now crashes to desktop (Windows XP) upon entering Gahreesen via the cloth (number 4, i believe) that takes you (via jump/jump) to the door to get to the cave...If that helps....I haven't tried anything else..
Jusme

Postby Jusme » Wed May 13, 2009 1:34 pm

Downloaded and installed to SDL Folder grsnClimb.sdl...No problem in getting to the door to the cave...Did notice that I am still unable to access the initial five markers...AND..using Zandi as an avatar, I noticed why he may be a little larger than us normal folk...LOL

Seems to have eaten a linking book? Or just the book he was reading when I first talked to him....more later on that...
Last edited by Jusme on Wed May 13, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jusme

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Wed May 13, 2009 1:41 pm

D'Lanor wrote:I don't have the Offline KI installed but maybe you need to collect markers the proper (online) way by clicking on the KI symbol?

I did try both options. No luck, no go. :o
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Thu May 14, 2009 6:00 am

I was able to reproduce and fix the marker problem, so it will work again in version 2.7.3
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Whilyam » Fri May 15, 2009 5:09 am

I have an issue where, when I go into a special avatar (Zandi, Yeesha, etc.), my first person viewpoint is switched to underneath my feet. I'm also having more problems now with being stuck in third person a lot of the time and having to use /enablefp
Whilyam

Postby diafero » Fri May 15, 2009 6:13 am

I have that special character camera issue, too, and I have no clue what it is caused by - sorry.
When exactly does it stuck you in first person? I know some swim regions in fan ages to cause this where the engine obviously does not correctly do the exit-swim-region procedure.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development