A Drizzle question

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

A Drizzle question

Postby Terakay » Sat May 16, 2009 11:35 am

I'm new here, and I a had a question about Drizzle. I downloaded it, and then got a few ages as well. Then I saw that I needed the Offline KI, so I got that as well. But when I downloaded it, it continued to show it in red. I tried to re-download it, but it thinks it's already there! So I loaded Uru Complete Chronicles, and there are no new books in my bookshelf. I was just wondering if I could get a bit more information on the Offline KI, and if in fact the user linking books go in the Relto bookshelf. Thanks in advance!
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Terakay

Re: A Drizzle question

Postby Terakay » Sat May 16, 2009 12:17 pm

Okay, so I found out I actually didn't have Java. But now whenever I try to download anything - an age or the Offline KI - it freezes! Why? It says it's unable to create folder Uru Complete Chronicles/agearchives. This makes no sense.
Terakay

Postby Jojon » Sat May 16, 2009 11:23 pm

A fixed (but editable) set of books goes into the bookshelf - the rest goes into a new section, called "restoration links", in the Nexus. (with the OfflineKI installed, you can quickly go directly to the nexus, by typing "/link nexus")

I'm guessing your other problem is probably related to filepaths/permissions...

* Have you set the "Pots folder" in the UAM tab to point to your Uru installation?

* Are you running Vista? I'm not, myself, but I hear many people are having problems with its "new" folder layout and more often with permission issues, sometimes having to run as administrator to be able to do many things. You COULD try to add that directory to your Uru installation root, yourself. (your downloaded RAR:ed ages are stored in that folder -- it's your little age cache :).
Jojon

Postby ddb174 » Sun May 17, 2009 8:26 am

Yes, as Jojon says, it sounds like a Vista/Win7 issue: you can either change permissions on the Uru folder, or *cut* and paste your entire Uru installation to the Desktop. There's some info in the troubleshooting section of the wiki page: http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle
ddb174

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Sun May 17, 2009 5:27 pm

In case this is important, I have not been able to access Alcugs since this morning.
Nanouk-GoW

Postby Terakay » Sun May 17, 2009 7:03 pm

Well, I am running Vista, and I went to the Drizzle website and saw that I needed to post the folder on my Desktop in order for it to work.
Terakay

Postby diafero » Mon May 18, 2009 1:15 am

Nanouk-GoW wrote:In case this is important, I have not been able to access Alcugs since this morning.

It currently works fine here
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Mon May 18, 2009 9:18 am

diafero wrote:
Nanouk-GoW wrote:In case this is important, I have not been able to access Alcugs since this morning.

It currently works fine here

Well, for unknown reason I cannot make a connection.

I am using IE8 and I even tried IE8 compatibility mode and still no connection.
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Mon May 18, 2009 9:30 am

Did you try another browser?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Mon May 18, 2009 10:51 am

diafero wrote:Did you try another browser?

No, ay this time I only have this one. :oops:

Edit: new infos
1- I tried with Opera, got to the main index page but after 10 minutes it was still trying to upload some missing elements and I was not able to do a login.
(very basic view/no colors/no boxes/text only)

2- Since I previously was able to login and post under IE 6, I did try a roll back from IE 8 to IE 6 but after more than 15 minutes the download bar is not passed +- 80% done and I am still on a blank page.

Same thing for: http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle
Attachments
ALCUGS LOGIN BUG- 1.jpg
ALCUGS LOGIN BUG- 1.jpg (76.53 KiB) Viewed 3144 times
Nanouk-GoW

Next

Return to Plasma Development