Offline KI 2.7.3

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.7.3

Postby Szark » Fri May 29, 2009 2:03 am

ddb174 wrote:It does everything it did in Moul: pulse up and down, flicker a number, and have absolutely nothing to do with the number of pellets dropped ;)
ROFLOL
Szark

Postby Erik » Fri May 29, 2009 9:37 am

Nanouk, you could also do /link Greatzero and then /spawn, but that's even more cheating. :P

Looking forward to greeting the light meter. :D

By the way, will you also fix the MOUL emotes for male avatars?
Erik

Postby diafero » Fri May 29, 2009 9:52 am

Erik wrote:By the way, will you also fix the MOUL emotes for male avatars?

No, and currently we see no way of doing that. Dustin and GPNMilano did some research, but could not definitely figure out the reason (though they came to the conclusion it must be something in the model of the male avatar which change for MOUL), not to speak of a way to solve it.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:27 am

Yeah, if anyone does ever figure out a clue as to what is wrong with some of the extra emotes, please let me know!

Edit: By the way, Erik, I finally(!) put your instructions for the Vista/Win7 fix on the Drizzle page, thanks!
ddb174

Postby Erik » Sat May 30, 2009 2:54 am

ddb174 wrote:By the way, Erik, I finally(!) put your instructions for the Vista/Win7 fix on the Drizzle page, thanks!

Good! :) Hopefully it will be of help to people running into problems with Vista.
Erik

Postby Whilyam » Sat May 30, 2009 6:14 pm

I've found out some interesting things about the /avatar glitches. Listen carefully. Many Bothans died to bring us this information. . .

Anyhow, I found out that the bugs I experienced (sticking in third person, first person camera at my ankles) vanished when I simply re-started the game. They would return if I did /avatar again, but otherwise good.
Whilyam

Postby Darien » Sun May 31, 2009 7:33 pm

After reading this thread on the MOUL forum http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17583 I was wondering if it was possible to add the area of the Gahreesen wall to the Offline Ki. Of course a single player can't play the game, but it would be nice to have another area to explore.

Trying to fly back into the area of the wall for another look, using the current Offline Ki, I keep getting dumped out of the game. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug or not.

I've flown around in this area with an old version of the flymode patch and even once found a type of nexus floating somewhere inside the Gahreesen model. I was wondering how the wall worked from an IC perspective? How did the player get to the wall?
Darien

Postby Erik » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:26 am

Darien wrote:Trying to fly back into the area of the wall for another look, using the current Offline Ki, I keep getting dumped out of the game. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug or not.

Without the Offline KI the game crashes as well when you try to enter the maze.

I agree, it would be nice to have the wall! Though it probably isn't very easy to do.
Erik

Postby diafero » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:56 am

Anyhow, I found out that the bugs I experienced (sticking in third person, first person camera at my ankles) vanished when I simply re-started the game. They would return if I did /avatar again, but otherwise good.
Good observation, thanks :) . Perhaps the engine has problems with dynamically changing the avatar type at runtime, but if it is already set during loading, everything is initialized correctly. I guess I should add a warning about that to the information message.

Darien wrote:After reading this thread on the MOUL forum http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17583 I was wondering if it was possible to add the area of the Gahreesen wall to the Offline Ki. Of course a single player can't play the game, but it would be nice to have another area to explore.

Trying to fly back into the area of the wall for another look, using the current Offline Ki, I keep getting dumped out of the game. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug or not.

I've flown around in this area with an old version of the flymode patch and even once found a type of nexus floating somewhere inside the Gahreesen model. I was wondering how the wall worked from an IC perspective? How did the player get to the wall?
I know GPNMilano started working on that, and got quite some stuff from the UU files included (TPOTS does not contain everything needed to get the wall running, but UU does and it is easy to convert UU files to TPOTS - the hard part is to decide what to take from where). I think after talking about the smaller prp issues we are having, I will ask her again about the status of that project. I, too, would love to finally play it :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Plasma Development