Offline KI 2.7.3

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline KI 2.7.3

Postby diafero » Tue May 19, 2009 1:32 am

Offline KI 2.7.3 is finished and it hopefully fixes all the regressions you found with the last version - sorry for the trouble again:
* Added command "/hideki disable-time" which completely disables the KI and all GUI elements for a given amount of time - useful for recording a video
* Fix regression of not being able to collect markers
* Fix for crashes in Gahreesen
* Fix for /getlibrarybooks: Don't load Er'cana book as it does not work
* Fixed Jalak GUI

Now I just hope this release has less bugs than the previous one :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Offline KI 2.7.3

Postby Darien » Wed May 20, 2009 8:50 pm

I found a couple of (very minor) bugs. (I feel like such a complainer. :oops: ) I'm not sure if these were in previous releases or not.

Upon first arriving in Relto with a new avatar, I noticed that there's a floating tree (away from the main island on the Teledahn Deck side.) It should only appear once you get the "little islands" Relto page in Bevin. When you get the "little islands" Relto page, the floating tree is now rooted into an island. However . . . my previously saved avatars' Reltos have the island, but not the tree! :?

The Delin and Tsogal puzzles were not working with 2.7.3 installed over 2.7.2, but they did work with a clean install of Uru and 2.7.3. I also noticed when I clicked on any of the journey cloths and linking books in Delin and Tsogal, my avatar moved up into the air and then dropped back to the ground once the action was completed.

Also, in future releases, could you please leave the cleft journey door closed? If someone wants to skip the puzzle and go directly to Relto, there's always fly mode. :)

One last thing, the linking book to the Guild Neighborhood violates the linking book rules. IC, you can't link from one point of an age to another point of the same age. Perhaps this should be placed in the Public Links portion of the Nexus along with the Guild Pubs or changed to a Bahro stone.

After all that nit-picking I need to make sure I thank you, Diafero, and everyone else who has worked to make Drizzle, UAM, Offline Ki and Myst V / MOUL conversions so easy to use.
Darien

Postby Lehnay » Thu May 21, 2009 2:04 am

For what it's worth: I installed 2.7.3 over 2.7.2, just went to Delin and the puzzle worked.

I can walk straight through the closed journey door though, both in Delin and Tsogal. Could that be fixed? :)

Regarding the Relto trees, the Maple Trees page from Delin seems to remove most of the other trees, including the one on the island. Did you have it enabled? Sorry if it's obvious, just thought I should throw it out there...
Lehnay

Postby diafero » Thu May 21, 2009 2:22 am

Let me answer complaint by complaint :D

Upon first arriving in Relto with a new avatar, I noticed that there's a floating tree (away from the main island on the Teledahn Deck side.) It should only appear once you get the "little islands" Relto page in Bevin. When you get the "little islands" Relto page, the floating tree is now rooted into an island. However . . . my previously saved avatars' Reltos have the island, but not the tree! :?
That is a bug appearing when neither the islands page nor the autumn tree page are enabled. I reported it to GPNMilano back then (because she created those additions), but obviously she did not yet find the time to fix it. It's on our list though :)

The Delin and Tsogal puzzles were not working with 2.7.3 installed over 2.7.2, but they did work with a clean install of Uru and 2.7.3.
Strange, I can not reproduce that, and obviously others can't, either. I'm glad you finally got it working :)

I also noticed when I clicked on any of the journey cloths and linking books in Delin and Tsogal, my avatar moved up into the air and then dropped back to the ground once the action was completed.
That's not a bug but a bugfix: The seek points for some of the cloths are too low, you would sink into the ground when clicking the cloth. To fix this, Dustin lets Drizzle move them up. However we can only move up all the cloths by a fixed distance, so for some cloths the seek point is too high now. That is better than sinking into the ground though.

Also, in future releases, could you please leave the cleft journey door closed? If someone wants to skip the puzzle and go directly to Relto, there's always fly mode. :)
I'll think about it - I have to check again why I included that SDL file at all.

the linking book to the Guild Neighborhood violates the linking book rules. IC, you can't link from one point of an age to another point of the same age. Perhaps this should be placed in the Public Links portion of the Nexus along with the Guild Pubs or changed to a Bahro stone.
Well, it then perfectly fits with the Bahro stone and the GZ linking book in the hood as well as the Bahro stone to Descent in the city. Cyan violated the linking rules at so many points that you can't really call it a rule anymore. However, if it really disturbs you you can disable the book using the following KI command in the city: "/setsdl islmTeledahnLinkCourtyardVis 0". Then, you can read the information at http://diafero.bplaced.net/technical.html to add a link to the Nexus.

I can walk straight through the closed journey door though, both in Delin and Tsogal. Could that be fixed? :)
Yeah, that's known, too (it's the same problem as being able to jump through the MOUL Bahro caves). As far as I remember Dustin wanted to look into it (the issues are cause by some wired physics flags problem), I don't how how far his investigation went.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Lehnay » Thu May 21, 2009 6:40 am

I used Drizzle to convert my MOUL version of the Kadish Gallery, then replaced the CC one with it. Apart from the camera being too high, or the floor too low or whatever, it seemed to work. I am sure that you have enabled as much content as possible. Do the gallery and canyon files cause special problems? (A similar question could go for the online version of Ercana, I guess.) Not complaining, just curious ...
Lehnay

Postby Darien » Thu May 21, 2009 8:22 am

Wow, I feel a little stupid. The maple trees Relto page does turn off the tree that I claimed had disappeared. :oops:

And I was able to reproduce the Delin/Tsogal "bug", but it's not a bug at all, just my impatience. To make a long story short, I was not waiting long enough after pressing a cloth to see it's number in the door. This was my goof. Sorry. :oops:

This is what happens when I stay up too late.

As for the linking book to the Guild Neighborhood, I know from playing around with the city.sdl file that there is a pedestal with a book there already, so replacing the book with a Bahro stone might be more difficult than I would imagine. (I know very little about programing.) I had suggested a Bahro stone because they were used in MOUL to link to different parts of D'ni while in D'ni. In addition to the Bevin link to A'guera there was also a link from Takotah alley to Descent. I believe the excuse for this was "Bahro magic" or something like that. Please forgive me but I'm a bit of a continuity nut. Believe me, it's tough being a continuity nut and a Myst fan. :D

And if you don't mind another annoying suggestion, I know that by adding this line " VAR BOOL islmKdshGalleryBlockerVis[1] DEFAULT=0 " to the city.sdl file it removes the barricades in the Kadish Gallery. I know that the Kadish Gallery doors don't work in Uru CC, but is there a way to remove the doors? This would open up the Kadish Gallery to the rest of the city.
Darien

Postby Jojon » Thu May 21, 2009 1:30 pm

By the way; you drizzlers and keymakers will henceforth be referred to as "a third party entirely", just so that you know... ;)
Jojon

Postby Jusme » Thu May 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Darien wrote:And if you don't mind another annoying suggestion, I know that by adding this line " VAR BOOL islmKdshGalleryBlockerVis[1] DEFAULT=0 " to the city.sdl file it removes the barricades in the Kadish Gallery. I know that the Kadish Gallery doors don't work in Uru CC, but is there a way to remove the doors? This would open up the Kadish Gallery to the rest of the city.

Maybe this also shows the other music player?

Going to Kadish Library to listen to the great operatic aria isn't an issue with me...The page is right there in Kadish Tolesa and again in the Brown (tune me up..not sure of the proper name for this) book on the shelf in Relto...And then there is flymode to access this area...I'm done..
Jusme

Postby Lehnay » Fri May 22, 2009 3:58 am

Jusme wrote:Going to Kadish Library to listen to the great operatic aria isn't an issue with me...The page is right there in Kadish Tolesa and again in the Brown (tune me up..not sure of the proper name for this) book on the shelf in Relto...And then there is flymode to access this area...I'm done..

(Spontaneous reaction:) I think you can simply move a sound file to listen to the song in Relto. But that's not the point ... the point is getting there in-game.
(Afterthought:) Or is it? I wouldn't know what the 'point' of Drizzle/Offline KI is. But I thought the idea was to make MOUL additions part of a playable game, an 'XP3' indeed. Or is it a museum for people who finished the online game? If the latter, things like an open journey door in the cleft; and the bahro stone to Descent being available even though you have not activated the Great Zero; and the Kirel guild shirts not making any difference in linking to the guild pubs; things like that make more sense. You're not supposed to actually play the game.

Maybe I got it all wrong? Wouldn't be the first time. :)
Lehnay

Postby ddb174 » Fri May 22, 2009 7:56 am

It's more like an XP3, since you can do all the puzzles from MOUL! The Cleft door is just an accident, I believe.

As for the music, any ogg files you put in the "MyMusic" folder in Uru will be played in the Relto Music Player. I recommend the following 3 files: "psnlMusicPlayer.ogg" from Pots. "psnlGalleryMusic.ogg" from Moul, and "psnlMusicPlayer.ogg" from Moul (which you will need to rename as, say, "psnlMusicPlayerMOUL.ogg" so as not to conflict with the other one.

If you want *all* the songs from the various games, check out the Conversion->Music tab in Drizzle!
ddb174

Next

Return to Plasma Development