Offline KI 2.7.3

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.7.3

Postby Jusme » Fri May 22, 2009 9:03 pm

Or just convert your favorites and sit and listen...........
Jusme

Postby Whilyam » Sat May 23, 2009 3:01 pm

Bugs and feature requests..

The first person avatar camera bug is still there. Just from my perspective, since the camera is at the avatar's feet, perhaps the standard vertical offset isn't being added, or perhaps the camera has been flipped around. Keep in mind I have no idea what I'm talking about. :P

Secondly, the bug with the camera locking in third person is still there too. I did a little more looking at this and here's how I get it to occur: Set /avatar to anything and then set it back (though this probably doesn't matter). Then link to pretty much any place. When you arrive, you should be invisible, in third person, and the camera should be fixed. In Relto, the camera seems fine until you walk outside, at which point it snaps there and does not follow you around the island. Along with that bug, if you pop into first person and then back in to third person, the camera will lock where it is in third person. So, for example, if you are standing in the middle of Relto by the Bahro poles, go into third person, and walk around, the camera will stay where it is, and look around to find you as you walk. If you walk by the hut door or inside, the camera will snap there and also not follow you.

As for feature requests, is there a way for you to allow people to play other automated sequences in the city (like the pub collapse, the guild hall collapse) similar to the Bahro swarm sequence?

Also, can you allow some of the MOUL objects to be added to the city? Namely the dock Dalek and the Pub Memorial?

Lastly, could the KI have more /set commands for things like sdl variables in the neighborhood for things like the visibility of the fountain water, cracks and the clock? Allowing for those sorts of modifications would allow greater customization of the neighborhood.
Whilyam

Postby tachzusamm » Sat May 23, 2009 5:28 pm

Whilyam wrote:Secondly, the bug with the camera locking in third person is still there too. I did a little more looking at this and here's how I get it to occur: Set /avatar to anything and then set it back (though this probably doesn't matter). Then link to pretty much any place. When you arrive, you should be invisible, in third person, and the camera should be fixed. In Relto, the camera seems fine until you walk outside, at which point it snaps there and does not follow you around the island. Along with that bug, if you pop into first person and then back in to third person, the camera will lock where it is in third person. So, for example, if you are standing in the middle of Relto by the Bahro poles, go into third person, and walk around, the camera will stay where it is, and look around to find you as you walk. If you walk by the hut door or inside, the camera will snap there and also not follow you.

What you describe here seems to be exactly what would happen if the /stopcam command was activated accidentally.
Does /gocam help out of this situation?
tachzusamm

Postby Whilyam » Sat May 23, 2009 6:13 pm

I haven't tried that, but yes, it's the same as if it were. But it's shut off and it comes back when I link to another Age.

Also, I tried /setsdl for several variables like the cones and the beach ball in the neighborhood, but they didn't go away.
Whilyam

Postby Lehnay » Sun May 24, 2009 9:18 am

By chance or luck I managed to add the light meter following a recipe at the GoMa forum. Could the light meter be included in a future release?

The 'tickers' in the plaza and outside the library, do they work in a similar way? That is, would I be able to remove them by adding a corresponding VAR line to the SDL file, if I knew the name of the object(s) to remove? (I can remove the DRC tent, the map and the Shroomie pict entirely, but that ticker thing is still standing there...)

'/setsdl nb01TickerVis 0' hides the 'ticker' in the neighborhood, except for some rotating lights. Also it seems that the collider is still present. Can I remove the thing entirely somehow?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I am completely new to this...
Lehnay

Postby diafero » Sun May 24, 2009 9:43 am

Please forgive me but I'm a bit of a continuity nut. Believe me, it's tough being a continuity nut and a Myst fan. :D
:lol: :lol: That's true. However, even in MOUL, there was a *book* linking from the hood to the GZ, also violating the linking rules. In addition, as you said, there are technical reasons - GPNMilano "simply" changed the existing Teledahn book to be a Kirel book.

And if you don't mind another annoying suggestion, I know that by adding this line " VAR BOOL islmKdshGalleryBlockerVis[1] DEFAULT=0 " to the city.sdl file it removes the barricades in the Kadish Gallery. I know that the Kadish Gallery doors don't work in Uru CC, but is there a way to remove the doors? This would open up the Kadish Gallery to the rest of the city.
I'll note that one, so if I can verify it I'll add it to the next version :)

I wouldn't know what the 'point' of Drizzle/Offline KI is. But I thought the idea was to make MOUL additions part of a playable game, an 'XP3' indeed. Or is it a museum for people who finished the online game? If the latter, things like an open journey door in the cleft; and the bahro stone to Descent being available even though you have not activated the Great Zero; and the Kirel guild shirts not making any difference in linking to the guild pubs; things like that make more sense. You're not supposed to actually play the game.
As Dustin already said, it's mostly meant as something like an "XP3", but with some changes to either make it easier playable, better integrate with TPOTS or technically easier to do (the Guild Pub change being in the last category).

The first person avatar camera bug is still there. Just from my perspective, since the camera is at the avatar's feet, perhaps the standard vertical offset isn't being added, or perhaps the camera has been flipped around. Keep in mind I have no idea what I'm talking about. :P

Secondly, the bug with the camera locking in third person is still there too.
I still have no clue what that is caused by, so I'm sorry I can't help you on that. I have the same issue, too.

As for feature requests, is there a way for you to allow people to play other automated sequences in the city (like the pub collapse, the guild hall collapse) similar to the Bahro swarm sequence?
Someone would have to create these sequences. For the Bahro I just took the ones Cyan created for MOUL.

Also, can you allow some of the MOUL objects to be added to the city? Namely the dock Dalek and the Pub Memorial?
They can, yes, and you could play around with Drizzle to try doing it yourself. Perhaps we should make a "PRP changes requests" thread for GPNMilano, since I mostly depend on what she does in that area.

Lastly, could the KI have more /set commands for things like sdl variables in the neighborhood for things like the visibility of the fountain water, cracks and the clock? Allowing for those sorts of modifications would allow greater customization of the neighborhood.
I added /set commands mostly for interesting hidden things which can be shown. Hiding existing stuff is usually not that interesting, so I didn't add any convenience option for that. If /setsdl does not work, I can not add a /set option either since /set is nothing but a "front-end" for /setsdl.

That is, would I be able to remove them by adding a corresponding VAR line to the SDL file, if I knew the name of the object(s) to remove? (I can remove the DRC tent, the map and the Shroomie pict entirely, but that ticker thing is still standing there...)

'/setsdl nb01TickerVis 0' hides the 'ticker' in the neighborhood, except for some rotating lights. Also it seems that the collider is still present. Can I remove the thing entirely somehow?
Another one of these PRP-changing requests - if the PRP file does not contain the necessary information to associate SDL vars and objects, I can't do nothing.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Lehnay » Sun May 24, 2009 11:50 am

diafero wrote:As Dustin already said, it's mostly meant as something like an "XP3", but with some changes to either make it easier playable, better integrate with TPOTS or technically easier to do (the Guild Pub change being in the last category).

Any chance of it being changed in future, the Guild Pubs I mean? (I have no idea how hard it would be to accomplish except that I wouldn't be able to do it.)

diafero wrote:Another one of these PRP-changing requests

Sorry about that. Thanks for the clarification!
Lehnay

Postby diafero » Sun May 24, 2009 12:47 pm

Any chance of it being changed in future, the Guild Pubs I mean? (I have no idea how hard it would be to accomplish except that I wouldn't be able to do it.)
The problem is I see no reason to do so, I like the current solution much more, and it also makes much more sense for me :D (I mean, how can Nexus detect which shirt I have in my closet?!?). In addition, that would mean adding restrictions, since currently everyone can reach all pubs (and I remember that request popping up back in MOUL, too).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Sun May 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Lehnay wrote:By chance or luck I managed to add the light meter following a recipe at the GoMa forum. Could the light meter be included in a future release?

I've never tried to do this. It sounds like it's in a separate prp though, in which case it should be pretty easy for me to automate conversion and for Diafero to enable it in the Offline-KI. (like with the flying city Bahro.) It might save some pain if you still have the link, though. (And might serve as an excuse to finally release a new Drizzle with a couple of bugfixes :P)
ddb174

Postby Lehnay » Sun May 24, 2009 3:02 pm

diafero wrote:The problem is I see no reason to do so, I like the current solution much more, and it also makes much more sense for me :D (I mean, how can Nexus detect which shirt I have in my closet?!?). In addition, that would mean adding restrictions, since currently everyone can reach all pubs (and I remember that request popping up back in MOUL, too).

I don't know how the Nexus works, but it seems to work that way, doesn't it? :)
I wouldn't want to impose restrictions, but to open up the possibility to play the game in different ways. The current way might well be the default way.
To my mind, the guild pubs are more interesting as part of a puzzle than as just places I could go -- the 'puzzle' in this case being that I have to wear the corresponding guild shirt. Not much, I know, but something. :)
I don't know if I have much more of a reason to offer. :) Perhaps if I could set up a marker quest, and make it a little bit more tricky by involving detours to KirelMOUL.
ddb174 wrote:I've never tried to do this. It sounds like it's in a separate prp though, in which case it should be pretty easy for me to automate conversion and for Diafero to enable it in the Offline-KI. (like with the flying city Bahro.) It might save some pain if you still have the link, though. (And might serve as an excuse to finally release a new Drizzle with a couple of bugfixes :P)

:D Here it is: http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=961
Lehnay

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development