Offline KI 2.7.3

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.7.3

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Tue May 26, 2009 6:52 am

I was hoping to find a shortcut to be able to bypass Nexus. ;)
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Tue May 26, 2009 9:14 am

Well, you could use flymode to get to he main area of the GZ :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Tue May 26, 2009 8:17 pm

diafero wrote:Well, you could use flymode to get to he main area of the GZ :D

Flymode will "not" do it from Kadish gallery, Canyon balcony, Bevin's classroom rooftop etc, etc. :lol:
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Tue May 26, 2009 11:55 pm

Why not? It correctly does that here.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Wed May 27, 2009 5:18 am

diafero wrote:Why not? It correctly does that here.

I am not sure what you mean. From those spots (Kadish gallery, Canyon balcony, Class room rooftop), the only way into the main GZ (in my mind) is to use the Relto and/or Nexus book(s).

Have you tried going to the top of the GZO/GZ tower in the city with flymode ? I had a surprise when I tried that. :o :!:

Maybe I am about to learn something new. :D
Nanouk-GoW

Postby D'Lanor » Wed May 27, 2009 5:49 am

The GZ Observation is not only story wise but also game technically in the same age as the main GZ Courtyard. So you can simply fly through the walls of the observation dome to the courtyard.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Wed May 27, 2009 6:02 am

Yes I am aware of this but it is not what what I was talking about. ;)

Subject: for example when hunting for the last 4 GZ markers, I was hoping to find a link command to be able to go directly to the main GZ floor whithout having to link through Relto and/or Nexus books.

I now understand it is almost impossible unless we could find the Nexus command line that could link us to Rezeero.

I do understand your path: link to GZO and use the flymode to drop down on the main floor. It is a good trick. :D
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Wed May 27, 2009 6:59 am

I don't really understand what you want, Nanouk - there is a command to directly get to the main GZ without going though anything, and that is "/link GreatZero". However the default LinkInPoint in that age is not the main floor but the observation chamber, but with flymode you can easily get to the scopes. Or do you look for a command which even saves you from using flymode? That would be a bit too lazy, wouldn't it? :D

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 am

Ok, I surrender and agree it would be too easy. Image

"Lasy" old Nanouk. Image
Nanouk-GoW

Postby ddb174 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:17 pm

Okay, I've got Drizzle19 correctly converting the Lake Light Meter (and pulling in the needed textures.) The sdl/age changes can now go in Offline-KI and all will be ready!

It does everything it did in Moul: pulse up and down, flicker a number, and have absolutely nothing to do with the number of pellets dropped ;)
ddb174

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development