Offline KI 2.7.3

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.7.3

Postby ddb174 » Sun May 24, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks, it looks like it will be no problem to add that for future versions!

I don't think the Guild Pubs thing should be changed either: it would be doing more work just to annoy people :P But on the plus side, have you noticed that you can upload images to the Guild Pub Imagers?
ddb174

Postby Lehnay » Mon May 25, 2009 3:30 am

ddb174 wrote:I don't think the Guild Pubs thing should be changed either: it would be doing more work just to annoy people :P

But the game was designed that way, wasn't it? It was that annoying? :shock:
In any case, just to clarify: I did not mean to suggest that it should be the only way to do it. I was asking, would it be possible to enable it as a possible way? That is, to /set a flag or something in the Nexus: 0 – Nexus checks your closet ;) ; 1 – Nexus does not care and you can link as you like.
Edit:
ddb174 wrote:But on the plus side, have you noticed that you can upload images to the Guild Pub Imagers?
That's really cool! :D Might use that as a way to put in a clue...
Last edited by Lehnay on Mon May 25, 2009 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lehnay

Postby diafero » Mon May 25, 2009 6:00 am

Yes, at least I saw it as that annoying, not speaking of inconsistencies. I do all that just for fun, and because I like Uru and what can be done with it, so I can hardly motivate myself to work on something which will annoy me during testing and which I will never use afterwards (and it would be quite some work, as I would also have to change the way the guild shirts are collected - currently, you can have all of them in the closes, opposed to MOUL where there was some special code to have only one guild shirt in your closet)... however, I am open for anyone else who wants to do it, just leave me a PM if you want the necessary source code.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Mon May 25, 2009 7:30 am

The Offline Ki does many things differently than they were in MOUL. If you are MOUL purist you probably should not be using the Offline KI.

Instead of checking the closet I would prefer the Nexus checking what the explorer is wearing. I can accept that the shirts come with a microchip or something which the Nexus uses to identify them. That closet trick is just too far fetched.
Python technically a wear check would be nearly identical to a closet check but it does not require a change in the way the shirts are picked up.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Mon May 25, 2009 8:37 am

Jojon wrote:By the way; you drizzlers and keymakers will henceforth be referred to as "a third party entirely", just so that you know... ;)
Now I *finally* understand that comment :D (yes, it is worth reading :) ).

Instead of checking the closet I would prefer the Nexus checking what the explorer is wearing. I can accept that the shirts come with a microchip or something which the Nexus uses to identify them. That closet trick is just too far fetched.
Python technically a wear check would be nearly identical to a closet check but it does not require a change in the way the shirts are picked up.
That would at least make some kind of sense, true. However I'd still prefer to be also able to visit pubs of other guilds.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Lehnay » Mon May 25, 2009 1:36 pm

Can't you link anywhere at any time using /link? For me, I don't mind the obstacles. I think it's great that the puzzles in Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal are actually solvable. If they were not, both ages would seem pointless to me. Well, it might be fun just to go there for a look, but ... nah. With the guild pubs, I can link there from the Nexus and that's it. There is nothing to explore or discover.

I am just a newbie who still thinks of the game as a game. I would love it if I could set it up for my sons to play, so that new discoveries awaited them around the next corner, and the next... For example, once they solved the path of the shell, something new would appear: such as, the linking books to the Pod ages (and the ticker announcing them). Solve that, and there would be new books in the library (and the next ticker). You get the idea. Things might or might not be introduced in the same order as they were released in MOUL; that's not important. The important thing for me is that there would be new discoveries to make. For new players! and never mind the MOUL purists.

If I were able to, I would have the guild pub links added to the Nexus as a reward (for what? I don't know yet... Or better yet, make it just one guild pub link to begin with? Then they could discover for themselves that different guild shirts linked to different pubs. [How? ... A wear check seems reasonable to me.] I might hide the linking books to Delin and Tsogal in there somewhere... And so on...). Call me crazy, but I think something like that would be fun. I might even enjoy playing it myself even though I already know the solutions and the cheats.

I hope it is clear by now that I am not arguing that everyone should have to do things the annoying/MOUL way! Surely all the shortcuts would still be there, the ways to enable everything from the start and go anywhere you wanted, unrestricted.

Shorah, and thanks again for all the hard work you talented people are putting into these tools!
Lehnay

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Mon May 25, 2009 10:27 pm

While I was working on my GZ calibration this morning I tried the "/link D'ni Rezeero" but got an error message asking for the "filename".

That option is not for beginners. :oops: :lol:

Btw, I noticed the change of the name between Uru CC and Uru Drizzle...
from Rezeero to D'ni Rezeero. :o

I also tried /link Rezeero but it said that Age Rezeero was not found.
Nanouk-GoW

Postby Lontahv » Mon May 25, 2009 11:37 pm

I think you had two things wrong. One, normal age-names shouldn't have spaces; two, the name for D'ni Rezeero is "GreatZero". :)

This may be completely off because I don't use the Offline KI. I just have experience writing my own KI tools and running (and reading) the UserKI code.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Tue May 26, 2009 2:40 am

I tried "/link GreatZero" but I was sent to the GZ Observation room.

Drizzle- UAM Nexus
UAM NEXUS- 2.JPG
UAM NEXUS- 2.JPG (32.48 KiB) Viewed 4065 times
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Tue May 26, 2009 6:20 am

Yes, that is where you are supposed to arrive. You can then start the first two marker missions which will add the GZ link to the Nexus.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development