Problems with offline KI

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Problems with offline KI

Postby allatwan » Thu May 21, 2009 10:17 am

Hi!

I know I'm not around here much, (since I go on Mystcommunity a lot) but I've downloaded the most recent version of "offline KI"...
The problem is that I have a Vista that wouldn't run the modified folder (meaning the "Uru explorer" folder with the new offline KI folders) in its usual "program files" folder. So I've been told to move it to the desktop, but for some strange reason, it STILL won't work, even after I've changed the "pots" thing on drizzle.
So here's the actual discussion on Mystcommunity:
http://www.mystcommunity.com/board/index.php?showtopic=33575&st=0&p=377335&#entry377335

I hope some of you willl actually know what's wrong and can help me, so I'd be REALLY grateful if you guys could help me.
Thanks in advance!
Shorah!

-Allatwan.
-Allatwan, Uru and Riven fan. Yes, I am aware that I am very new here and don't know much about age-writing, but I'll try put up something not too lame around here.
Shorah! Peace to everyone, Dn'i, Ahrotahn, Bahro... have a good day!
allatwan

Re: Problems with offline KI

Postby Erik » Thu May 21, 2009 11:51 am

Welcome! Moving Uru to the desktop is just an ugly workaround... Try the following on the Uru folder in the original location (Program Files).

* Go to C:\Program Files\Uru (or the folder where you installed Uru)
* Right-click somewhere in the folder and choose Properties.
* Click the tab Security.
* Click "Edit..."
* Click "Users (YOUR-PC-NAME\Users)" and check to allow Edit.

I hope this will solve your problems! If you need further help, feel free to ask.
Erik

Postby allatwan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:02 am

I've STILL got a problem with it, though the installation was MUCH easier:

It worked until the purple bar needed to come up: the green bar downloaded itself, but the whole screen froze right after it became dark after that: we never saw the purple bar come up. How come? Is it something I did wrong?
-Allatwan, Uru and Riven fan. Yes, I am aware that I am very new here and don't know much about age-writing, but I'll try put up something not too lame around here.
Shorah! Peace to everyone, Dn'i, Ahrotahn, Bahro... have a good day!
allatwan

Postby ddb174 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:53 am

Did you move Uru back to C:\ProgramFiles\whatever, then follow Erik's instructions, then change the path in Drizzle back?
ddb174

Return to Plasma Development